Hay smell

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BuDManE, Apr 16, 2013.

1. I have chopped a blue Og from g13 it is curing but there is no smell just smells like hay i blaze a lil piece it gets u high but the smell is not there but 2 when she was growing it did not smell like nothing until u touched a bud it would smell fruity but that smell is not there any more or taste

2. Dey it till it snaps then jar that mofo up for as long as possible. Ihad sum NL that smelt like hay, after 6 weeks of cure its got a real resinous smell to it, almost hashy kinda smell

Sent from my iPhone using special stoner powers, u like football manager???

3. I dried for 7 days the bottoms and the middle of the stems snapped then they have been in the jars for going on a week and its like there kind wet in the middle of the buds cause they have not dried all the way but it just seems like the hay smell not going away take a look and there is what it did look like when she was growing she did not really have a smell and the other one what is budding it smells like fresh mowed lawn the grass smell and G13 said it taste like berries in the description

Attached Files:

4. Cure for about a month, then see if that improved the flavor or smell.
    All you need to do to evenly disperse the moisture in the middle of your nugs, that can be done by just simply curing your marijuana all in one big jar with the correct RH, if it doesn't smell good now, trust me, in about a month of curing it will smell better, be smoother, and possibly even be a little more golden in color after curing, the only thing you have to do is be patient...

Edit: looks like same dank nugs, i wouldn't guess they smell like hay.

5. its been this way for me for the past 2 grows i think what happened was they could've gone another week before chopping..

another thing i was told was to dry the full plant before manicuring and itll help with smell/flavor but idk im going to try it on next harvest

6. I'm going to harvest another one same strain and that was what i was exactly what I was gonna do chop full let dry then cut and i was gonna let this one go for longer then what the other one did

7. hay smell can sometimes be attributed to premature harvest