Hawaii Outdoor 2012

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by kuahiwi, May 8, 2012.

1. not very often... I was a sucker for the teri beef mostly

2. Hey man!
    Your plants are looking vibrant and beautiful! You said the Pakistan Valley smells like bubblegum? Lol, mine smells like skunky mint!

3. #23 kuahiwi, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    Just took some pics of the new plants I put into flower a day ago.

Here's the second pakistan valley. Days are only about 13 hours right now and wont be getting much longer. It's a very hearty plant and I could see it getting huge outdoors in regions with longer days.

[​IMG]

Here is the TH Seeds Burmese Kush. Lots of controversy over this strain from what I've read. It started off pretty weak but started taking off when it got a little bit older. Has the biggest fan leaves of all my plants.

[​IMG]

This is the Green House Seeds chemdawg. Another strain with a lot of gripes on the forums.

[​IMG]

4. crappy pic of the afghan. It really stunk in veg but now it is pretty low odor. The early trichomes on it are very plump.

[​IMG]

5. well, shit I've really been slacking on this whole journal thing. Sometimes life just catches up, oh well.
    If anybody is interested, Bubba Kushes were harvested and the first pakistan valley started getting some mold soI had to pull her as well.

Here's a little picture update on the world of seeds afghan kush. She's really starting to stink and is packing on resin as you can see. I snipped a couple of branches today to try out. She'll be ready to harvest soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Oh yeah, about a month ago I planted my last three bubba clones in the ground on some land we own. I had very low expectations and just dug small holes and mixed in a little bone/blood meal, chicken/steer manure and some cheap soil with native soil and stuck em in. I went back yesterday and to my surprise they had grown about thigh high! I was expecting the pigs to have gotten them but they were growing beautifully. Didn't have a camera at the time but I'll probably go back this weekend to pick some fruit and get pics.

7. this guy was chillin out on my plants, hopefully eating some bugs for me.
    [​IMG]

Probably one of the last photos I took of the pakistan valley. :(
    Kinda hard to have a camera handy when you wake up and find a bunch of mold on your girl and only have an hour or two before you have to be at work.
    [​IMG]

8. ^Beautiful

9. dude love the lizard pic! haha!

10. sexay! any bud pics from the bubba's?!

11. How the heck did you keep that plant in the pot so short? And so many colas, too, they really grow purty in Hawaii bro!

12. Awsome is all I can say I need to move asap!!!!!

13. All my plants stay pretty short but wide, I think the camera makes it look shorter than it actually is. I do a lot of supercropping/lst to keep them low but I'm wondering if my veg lights are too close and thats keeping the plants shorter. I'm thinking I could use a little more stretching between nodes to allow for more airflow and hopefully reduce the mold that keeps stressing me out.

I only have 3 plants going right now. A pakistan valley clone, a dna martian kush and a kosher kush. Both the Kushes have stretched like crazy since I've put them outdoors. I've honestly been super lazy lately and havent been giving them much attention. Too much bubble hash and multiple strains to smoke...:smoke:

Haha, thanks. Hawaii has its pros and cons but for the most part its a pretty great place to live.

14. Damn bro amazing journal your plants look fia!

15. They are on the short side because day length in Hawaii only gets as long as 13.5 hours, so everything will start flowering as soon as it goes out side. I've still been yielding 2-4 oz's per plant so they are plenty big enough for my personal consumption.

I am a registered MJ patient so no need to worry about helicopters buzzing in my area as long as I am under my 7 plant limit. It is unbelievably nice to just grow in your backyard without worries.

16. nice plants.....how hard is it to get the MM Card here in hawaii. I've seen the ads of the Palau clinic but never tried to go for it.

17. ^are you saying you live in a MMJ state and are smoking illegally?
    just wondering.

18. I dont know what Island you are on but it's really easy to get one with a qualifying condition and the right doctor. I think I paid $150 and that included all the registration fees and everything, the other places I called first were in the $200 range and some didnt even include the reg. fees.

But once you get it you are allowed to have 7 plants and carry up to 3 ounces throughout the state. I think you can even fly interisland with it in your suitcase.

19. Outdoor or Indoor. I'm on Oahu btw. Where'd you get yours from? and for what? Will the give out for mingrines or does it have to be diagnosed by another doctor first?

Thanks

20. you can grow outdoor or indoor, i veg indoor and then put them outside to flower.
    I got my card from a Dr who travels throughout the islands and it was for a shoulder injury I had a couple years ago. He told me when I made the appointment that I didn't need to bring medical documentation but i brought it anyway and he just briefly skimmed it and talked to me for a bit.

Not sure if migraines are a qualifying condition, there is a thread here somewhere that lists all of the qualifying conditions by state.