Hawaii Outdoor 2012

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by kuahiwi, May 8, 2012.

1. #1 kuahiwi, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
    Aloha Everyone,
    I've decided to start a little grow log to document my legal, hawaiian, backyard, grow this year.

Pakalolo is the hawaiian word for cannabis. Paka means grass and Lolo means crazy, so it literally translates to crazy grass.

Before I begin, I should point out that you wont find any huge plants here for a couple of reasons:
    1.I need my plants to be portable so i am able to bring my plants out of the rain.

2. The day length here only fluctuates from 11.5-13.5 hours of sunlight. This is the first year, I have vegged indoors with T5's before putting outside to flower

3. I am only growing for personal use and I dont smoke much anymore these. Usually not more than 0.5-1gram/ a day after work.

OK, With that out of the way, here are the current strains I am working with so far this year:

2xGHS Bubba Kush (A Couple days till harvest)
    2xWOS Pakistan Valley (1 in about 1 month of flower, 1 flipped outdoors yesterday)
    1xWOS Afghan Kush (about 3 weeks into flower)
    1xGHS ChemDawg (about 2 weeks outdoor)
    1xTH Seeds Burmese Kush (put into flower yesterday)
    1xDNA Martian Kush (just sprouted)
    1xDNA Kosher Kush (just sprouted)

Pot sizes range from 8-10 gallons and a couple 5 gallons, some in aeropots (earthjuice brand smart pots)
    My soil is a mix of roots organics, FFOF, and some native soil. plus a little bone and blood meal, chicken and steer manure.

For nutes, I have the Fox Farm line, molasses, kelp extract, and sometimes I make a compost tea from my vermicompost bin. I feed very lightly, on no set schedule and have not experienced any problems with nute burns or deficiencies except a N deficiency on some clones I neglected indoors.

Pictures to come shortly.

2. #2 kuahiwi, May 9, 2012
    Here is one of the bubba kush at about 2 or 3 weeks after my first time doing LST under my T5 lights.
    [​IMG]

Here is the same plant after another week or so:
    [​IMG]

And then here it is after 1 week of being in the sun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and one recent close-up of one of her nugs
    [​IMG]

3. [quote name='"kuahiwi"']Here is one of the bubba kush at about 2 or 3 weeks after my first time doing LST under my T5 lights.

Here is the same plant after another week or so:

And then here it is after 1 week of being in the sun.
    [/quote]

It looks just like my bubba Kush. Especially in the first pic. The ridges on the leaves are more pronounced than a lot of strains.

4. Is yours from clone or seed? I have two phenotypes, the one in the picture is pretty dense and musky smelling and the other one grew very strange.
    It kind of hermed about 1 month in and I plucked off a few male parts right away, and now it seems back to normal. I think it might've been because it got stuck in some heavy rains for about 2 days straight that might've stressed it.

I'm almost embarassed to post the other one, because it didnt get very big or dense but it smells phenomenal and I have trimmed some lower branches last week that started to get a little bit of mold and they have a nice OG kush taste to it.

5. I only really have pics of the bubba's right now. This was taken over a month ago chillin' during the rain.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mine is from a clone. It sounds more like the first plant. Very short and dense growth.

7. the paki on the left and the afghan on the right, after some supercropping abuse.
    [​IMG]

8. oh, the plant on the left is using a DIY smart pot I made. They work great, the only problem is the seams deteriorate after awhile because I used some shitty, old thread.

9. [quote name='"kuahiwi"']oh, the plant on the left is using a DIY smart pot I made. They work great, the only problem is the seams deteriorate after awhile because I used some shitty, old thread.[/quote]

Nice! They do use some pretty heavy duty thread on those things but a DIY version is perfect! I've thought about doing the same thing, but I'm too OCD and just get the ones from the store so I don't make myself nuts trying to do crafts that I'm horrible at. I used to help out in my moms design business and let's just say I didn't inherit her sowing abilities.

10. It's actually really easy and all you need to do is sew 5 sort-of straight lines. But I agree, I kind of got amped to do it because it saves lots of money, but now I just have too much stuff goin on so I just purchased some aerobags to try, which are supposedly reusable.

11. looking really dang nice Kuahiwi........ but it's not your plants that I am jealous of............it's the fact that you have readily available access to portuguese sausage, eggs and rice for breakfast......... and I'd donate my right leg for a good 'plate lunch' right about now.

12. haha, even the mcdonald's here serves a portuguese sausage, eggs, and rice plate! While there are lots of yummy local foods, I do wish we had some dope greek food or some authentic mexican. I'm going to SF for a week next month, probably gonna fall in love with the place and all its food options, oh and the herb.

13. #13 kuahiwi, May 9, 2012
    Here's some pics of the girls under my t5's.

Heres the martian kush on the top and the kosher kush on the bottom, just a few days old.
    [​IMG]

Pakistan Valley clone that is starting to take off. The flowering paki I have smells like juicyfruit bubblegum, and is super dense. I hope it tastes how it smells.
    [​IMG]

Some bubba kush clones I've been keeping in containers that are too small. [​IMG]

14. [​IMG]
    This is a bubba clone that was revegged because a branch got severed from leaving a string on it by accident. I should probably just ditch it to make some space.

15. You're using quality components for a fully organic grow, then you throw in the Fox Farm trio. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe using those will kill the beneificial bacterias of the ACTs.

16. #16 kuahiwi, May 9, 2012
    yes, you are right. I bought the stuff before I had done any research on anything. I don't really follow the schedule though, just use about 1 tsp. a gallon every other week. I probably wont buy it again once I use em up.

17. heheh I know..... I loved that the Hawaiian version of McD's "big breakfast" had portuguese sausage eggs and rice instead of pancakes and hashbrowns.....

oh maaaan.... teri beef, kalua pig, macaronies......... I can't take it anymore..... must.....go.......back......to....... da...... islands :bolt:

18. #18 DurteeDurtee, May 9, 2012
    ooops, double post

19. did you get to try the laulau or ahi poke? Those are some of my favorite local foods, just sucks that the price of ahi is so high now, $24/pound of fresh tuna.

20. More heavy rains this morning, so had to bring the pakistan valley under cover. First time I had to do that for this plant, she is surprisingly mold resistant, despite its density and has endured several days of being left in the rain. If she smokes as well as she smells, she could be a keeper due to her mold resistance. The bubba kush on the other hand is very susceptible to mold.

[​IMG]