Hawaii lifts ban on medical marijuana house calls

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dolphingunblade, May 17, 2011.

1. Hawaii lifts ban on medical marijuana house calls | The NORML Stash Blog

The ACLU is fast becoming a powerful friend of the marijuana legalization movement.

hawaiinewsnow The American Civil Liberties Union says Hawaii's government has answered its demand to change “heavy-handed” medical marijuana policies.
    The ACLU of Hawaii announced Tuesday that the Department of Public Safety will no longer prohibit physicians who prescribe marijuana from performing house calls.
    The group also said the state is ending its practice of requiring physicians to register locations where they see patients and discuss marijuana.
    ACLU senior staff attorney Daniel Gluck said in a statement that marijuana should be treated the same as other prescription drugs.
    He said physicians who recommend medical marijuana may do so at any location, even if it isn't registered with the Department of Public Safety.

2. #2 HighinHI, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    Sounds good, but i don't quite get it. What is a house call? The doc comes to my house and brings me herb? Why would the doctor need to come to my house? I just go to his office and get a card and that's it right? Oh I guess if i'm bed ridden or something?

Either way it's a good sign. I'm glad they're trying to treat it like other prescription drugs.