Having trouble with ph with my DWC bubble buckets

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dustybowlz, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Just as title says.

Im a total noob

I set the ph at 5.5-5.6 and it raises to 6.3 in a day. Ph swing is "good" but If I let it go to 48 hrs, I notice it can go up to 6.5. I was told to only ph my buckets every 48 hours. The buckets are NOT recirc by the way.

Results have been mild overwatering on my grape god strain. I then saw some over watering on my Ogkush strain..

I dont know where to start..

Please help

PS- How to YOU guys Ph an Individual bucket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I would try to keep the ph at 5.9 during flower. What nutrients are you using? If your ph keeps rising you are either underfeeding or overfeeding, i think. Someone else with more knowledge will have to explain more but this might be the issue. Also what kind of water you running? Tap? RO ?

ALso when the plant uses nutrients the ph will change. Sometimes you just have to adjust everyday....

3. You should really be using RO water if you're not already doing so. What kind of PH down do you use?

Best I've found is sulphuric acid, got a gallon from the auto parts store and added one cup of acid to 1 gallon of distilled water after making room for the cup of acid.

4. I use Ro with ppm of 8
    I aim for 5.9 ph everytime.
    I add advanced nutrients sensi cal to buffer water to 100 ppm
    I am using advanced nutrients
    I use GH ph down

Im wondering if i use the AN ph down if it would be better since im using AN? I read the bottle of the AN ph den today and it says its concintrate. Sounds more potent than the GH ph down.

I think.it he's to do with my feed/feed schedule. Two strains ph raises and one strain raises like it should most times, but some times the ph drops a whole 10 fold.... wtf?