Having trouble with fan calculations!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by catfish cruising, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Hi there! not exactly a beginer when it comes to growing but this is surely a beginner question!!!

so in my country, fans are rated by M3/H, not cfm. working out cfm is easy for me but im having trouble with M3/H!

My space is 590mm x 790mm x 440mm

and im going off this...

Required extractor fan size in M3/H= (Volume of active growing space (m) x 60) x 1.33

which brings me to a total of = 16.359M3/H

which confuses me. the smalest fan i can find is 85M3/H

so do i really need a fan this small?? it doesnt seem right... but calculations cant lie i guess? the space will be running 190w of cfl!

2. I would just get a 4" inline fan with a fan speed controller. That will be more than enough for your space and you can regulate it with the controller. I don't even worry about numbers too much. As long as it's moving air and you have a little negative pressure in the tent or room it should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. How loud would that be? the setup is in my room where i sleep

4. Good quality inline fans are pretty quiet if mounted correctly. The exhaust air coming out will probably be the loudest part.

5. would sound insulated ducting help?

6. Possibly. The main sound I hear from mine is from the actual hole the air exhausts out of. If your venting in a different room or outside I don't think it will be much of an issue though.