Having trouble finding work?

Discussion in 'General' started by tokin jax, Dec 5, 2008.

1. I have no idea what is going on lately, but i have found it impossible to find work. I quit my out of town job around 4 months ago to go to college and since then i can't even seem to find a min wage job hiring. I've litteraly applied to 46 places and not a single phone call back. I haven't resorted to mickey D's yet but its starting to look more like an option. Anyone else seem to be having trouble finding work in their area?

2. Naw just got a new job, by the skin of me teeth:eek:.

You should be calling thm bakc and asking did you get it? Whats the timeframe and call back after that timeframe.
    You gotta go get that job not just apply:)

3. Ive never really had problems finding work. I mean, I've ALWAYS had a job since I was 13, and I've had a lot of sidework as well. I know a lot of people are having problems finding work, I've already hooked up a few friends with jobs offered to me. Gotta help those who have nothing before you help yourself. I have work, they dont.... well, didnt. Now they got money rollin in too.

Good luck though homie.

4. I agree with Bank.

5. for real I been outa work like half a year now (only looked half the time) shitty jobs with shitty pay suuucks my balls, I dont want to go back.

6. Just got a job, must have put in 30+ applications, and 3 places called me for an interview.

7. It's called a recession - unemployment is the highest it's been since 1974. Millions are out of work at the moment. I've been out of work since February of this year, but then again I haven't really tried to get a job either, I've been staying at home taking care of my 2 year old, and that's a full time job in of itself. We did have to let the nanny go though since I wasn't work she became superflous.

3 interviews out of 30 resumes is about par for the course. I usually figure that for every 10 resumes you send out, you get about 10% calling you back.

8. Hmm I'm lucky I guess...I sent out 3 resumes and got 3 interviews...

9. Well, there you go. Your mileage may vary. Also depends on the sector of jobs and your own experience. I do tend to get more interviews now that I have a college degree. At the same time that also prices me out of a lot of jobs too.

10. shit seasonal jobs at the mall near me wont even let me apply as they have 300 applications each for seasonal jobs already.

any other place i could create a career with, well, they say theyll call me, i call them, i go up there, still cant get a straight answer out of them. "its undecided still"

theres some bullshit...
    ya cant give up tho. keep at it and good luck!