Having some issues with purple kush (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by AjazzyhobO, Feb 24, 2012.

1. I have had these guys going for a bit over a month. We had a major power outage and I lost my lights for almost 2 days. This was around week 2. I tried to put them back to veg after the power went out. I think I should have just put the little guys straight to flower. They are starting to show signs that something is just a little off. Growth has been slowing down the past week and the new growth is coming out very light green. I was thinking cal mag issues so gave them a little...still nothing. They are in ffof cut with perlite. I gave them a little sip of some aurora innovation roots organic buddha grow thinking the N was starting to go. Still nothing. They have been on a very slow downward slope and if anyone has a good idea I think they are still very much worth growing. 600w hps, air cooled hood.

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      117.9 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      292.1 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      147 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      287.7 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      152.2 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      290.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Start by checking the substrate's pH. Acidity can cause new growth to come in a lighter shade of green because of Nitrogen lockout.

3. It's an organic grow so the Ph is a bit dif in each pot. They are all between seven and eight.

4. #4 AjazzyhobO, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    I have thought about dropping it down some. But imho messing with Ph in an organic grow is a lost cause. Kinda like an aquarium. I find that if you just keep it in range you are okay. Once you start messing with it you are inviting a lot of other problems.

5. Some of your premises are flawed. First off, the pH shouldn't be different in each pot if you care for each plant the same way and use the same substrate. It's more likely that your testing method is inaccurate and that the differences in pH readings simply demonstrate the range of that inaccuracy.

Secondly, the pH of an organic grow shouldn't be any more difficult to regulate than with a chemical one. In either case, there will be an ideal liquid pH for each combination of soil mix & fertilizer regimen which will keep the overall substrate pH in the correct range. There are a number of products, often high-Ca substances, that can help keep the pH stable if you have trouble doing so without them.

Please post the method you use to test substrate pH.

6. I use a digital Ph pen. I guess I'm saying Ph has never been an issue. The soil mix is a bit different everytime. They get made in seperate batches. I gave them a big guano dose and more cal mg. They are looking a bit better now. Ty