Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Having problems with gf accepting the bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hotzepopze, Mar 11, 2011.

1. My gf's got family that does all kinds of drugs and they are all fucked up and for that reason she thinks weed will kill me or make me brain dead or something, for that reason I stopped for about 9 months and I just started back up.

I bought a bag without her knowing because the opportunity presented itself to me. After buying the bag and getting stoned off my ass I went home and told her the next day the I had a bag and wanted to smoke it but only if it was cool with her (didnt tell her about getting stoned the night before, I guess i felt guilty had to tell her something).

So she gives me the green light and I smoke up and we talked on the phone the whole time and I tried to make it easier for her so I acted totally normal and asked her about her day... all that good stuff to make her feel special and loved and not feel like i was gonna be this totally different psycho person or something.

Its going good for a little while but the whole time I could tell something was wrong and then she just snapped! turned into a total bitch and called me this asshole that would like to go get high and made it sound like I'm a total dick for smoking when I knew she didnt want me to.

she said it was cool! idk wtf happend but we talked and pretty much I just lost it to and we fought and she blamed me fighting and yelling her on the weed... I have no idea how to convince her that I'm still the same person... Im not an angry person she just really pissed me off by calling me an ass hole and all and telling me yes and then getting mad at me.

Any advice on how I can smoke and her be happy to?

2. Educate her, if she cant accept you for who you are, then shes not worth it.
    You need to know who you are bro.

3. give her the facts about the green my man

if she doesnt get it im sorry bro but theres nothing else you can do

4. In my opinion, you should never have to change who you are for a girl.

5. I've given her the facts and she just has this "feeling" like all women these "feelings" are stronger then reality I guess..

I smoked already and I was fine she is just really resistant and thinks I'm Satan if I smoke..

maybe somebody can post what they did to get they're gf to let them smoke?

6. Look i have the same problem. Its honestly best you just keep it away from her.

Just toke on your own time and enjoy, but when your around her just don't mention anything about weed.

I've been doing this awhile now and she totally thinks I don't smoke anymore;).....i'd rather it be that way then her nagging at me when she is completely ignorant of weeed.

I don't even try to educate her on it and waste my time, theres no point, shes too far gone and think weeds the devil. ha.

but when she does find out, which will happen eventually, shits going to hit the FAN.

7. Tell her to stop controlling you. Show her marijuana research and educate her. Tell her she can't wear make up anymore, because you have a "man feeling" that it's rotting her skin and causing permanent damage. Stop letting her choose what you can and can't do, that's not a boyfriend/friend relationship, that's a parent/child relationship.

8. If she values abstinance from DA HERB more than your relationship, she is a shitty girlfriend no offense, show her "TheUnion" . Anywho my girl was uneasy about it until i had a mutual debate with her, avoid arguments to prove points, it never works out.

9. If YOU are truly a bud smoker at heart, and weed is a part of who you ARE, then dump her man. But if you can not smoke for 9 months for her, i think you can stop for her. Op, please dont smoke in secrecy.

10. Well you have a few options

Educate her on the actual facts about weed

Tell her to get over it and to stop controlling you

Give her an ultimatum: me or your uneducated morals

Make weed brownies and give her some

Or

11. Oh and don't bother trying to change her mind. If she's so non accepting of it now she will always be. I've been with girls that hated that I smoked. In a year or two they turn into potheads haha.

12. She's a girl. She thinks that you can read her mind. They all think that. So when she tells you you can do something but she doesn't want you to she is testing your mind reading skills. She will then be mad at you for not being able to read her mind. the only way she is going to be happy is to know when she is doing this, and then pretend that you can read her mind. She will love you for it.

13. Just dont tell her, I smoke on a daily basis and my girl has no idea. If you use Rhotos, and are smart about it, you will be fine. I went through the whole convincing thing, and its a hassle.

14. If you're havin' girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a bitch ain't one.

Seriously though, I would just get rid of her and find a new one. Girls are a dime a dozen.

15. What's the point in that?

I wouldn't want to live my life hiding something like that from my girlfriend. You got issues bro, need to start by getting a backbone!

16. Break up with that bitch, she's crazy....well crazier than most girls at least.

17. That's not at all true. At least, not of everyone, so you can't generalize. There was a time, when I was younger, I thought cannabis was the gateway to hell. I thought people who did drugs, any drugs, were losers and trouble makers who could only end up in jail or dead, while I thought I was pure as the driven snow with a bottle of tequila in my fist. I know better now because I educated myself more on the subject as I got older.

Op, you are not your girlfriend's problem. Her problem is with the people who have hurt her in her past, and I'm guessing those that hurt her were supposed to be closest to her, and protect her. Instead they caused her hurt and anxiety. Now, she's putting stock in the notion that you will protect her, but she fears you won't be able to if you're high too, just like all the others who let her down. She's scared, man. That's all it is.

Keep your weed on the down low for a while. Whenever the opportunity presents itself, show her proof of the good that can come from cannabis. After a couple of months of being there for her, proving to her that you're serious about your feelings for her, then gently explain to her that the two have you have gone through all of that while you were smoking bud, and it didn't change a thing about the way you feel for her. That coupled with all the good things you should be teaching her about cannabis just might help her to come around. It's a trust issue with her right now. She trusts you while she's utterly distrustful of drugs and what they often imply.

Don't give up on her just yet. You have a great opportunity here and now to show another non-believer the light about cannabis. Don't waste that opportunity, bro!

18. Now you guilt the poor guy. Smh

19. I want you all to read this again for emphasis. :)