HAVING ISSUES.Does anyone Feed EVERY watering during flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chrismittty, Nov 27, 2011.

1. #1 Chrismittty, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    Anyone feed every time they water or every day? im on week 4 flower and evveryhting is just a lil bit more "lime" greenish than the deep green it useda be, slowly getting lighter, the buds were comin on so strong to begin with i went easy on the feedings as to not burn em but now im wondering if she could be starving, but then some of the more yellow leaves have a gnarly brown tip on the center blade.... thinking, ph got skewed somewhere, maybe a lockout? i know its absolutely not too much as i was giving 1/4 strength, so im looking elsewhere... i dont have the means to edit photos as to make me feel safe posting and idk if im allowed to use pics from google cos there from other forums n such but any ideas and help would be great!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. i usually feed every 2nd watering and it works for me, id say you might want to feed less often but with stronger concentration of fertilizer, like 1/2 and eventually up to 3/4 or full. kind of depends on what fertilizer you're using too, i usually just use miracle grow all purpose for vegging and some other non expensive 15-30-15 bloom fert and the plants prefer full strength (but i start them off at around 1/2 when they're small)

and watering every day is probably the worst thing you could do, best to let the soil get really dry and then water it well, then wait til it gets dry again

3. I feed nut's for 2 weeks on, 1 week off. I pretty much only water twice a week. Wednesdays and Sundays. I put each plant container in a plastic dish and bottom feed it. I pour the nut's in and leave the plant sitting in the nut's with about 1/4 of the container submerged. I keep each plant in the water for 15 - 30 minutes (you'll be able to feel the weight once they have soaked up enough). I spray them a few times each day, but that's about it for watering. Granted, they drink a ton of water when I do this. By the time the next feeding day comes. You should notice that the soil will pull away from the sides of the container, using all of the available water. Every so often, the night before a watering, I'll notice one or two might be a little extra limp, if that happens, I just feed those ones the night before. I seem to be doing something right as I have been very successful...... so far.

4. #4 Chrismittty, Nov 27, 2011
    yeah i dont water everyday i mean like feed every time you water, but yall got that haha, im thinking i have harder water than i thought, and might be causing ph problems or lockouts

5. i water every other day, nutes every watering day. FF Grow big then switch to Fox Farm organics(bat guano, earthworm castings) Safe to use throughout your grow

6. that could definitely be the issue

7. #7 Chrismittty, Nov 28, 2011
    yeah ive got the techniflora recp for sucess, bout to feed em and if this aint corrected ill assume further than hungry, anyone know any "bottled" water with a good ph? my meter is off bad and i think that it could be why shit got skewed

Edit: About to post pic of how questionable leaves look

8. anyone know? or have exp with this symptom?

9. #10 jjh1957, Nov 28, 2011
    Your fan leaves are supposed to turn yellow as they are depleted of nutrients. For flowering you should be using lower N value fertilizer, or nutes. Pic a little cloudy but it looks like nute burn on the tips, and normal yellowing. Maybe back off on nutes and give them a breather. Or a flush. If the PH got screwed up it could be lockout or something else. Until I got a good PH meter I had lockout issues from wrong PH.

10. #11 Budlet, Nov 28, 2011
    That leaf in the picture is normal for a flowering plant, especially if they are falling off at the bottom where no light gets to, which is where it looks like it came from to me.

Before I transplant to my final container, I add a layer of potting mix just to cover the drain holes and than a layer of soil mixed with a dry organic such as Espoma tomato-tone (3-4-6) and some epsom salts. This will carry the plants through, even when you cut off the other nutes to flush. Only thing I use for a bloom booster anymore is Shultz 10-15-10 and that's all I have ever needed.

Here's what Tomato-tone has in it below. Note the calcium and magnesium (cal-mag?), which are the usual deficiencies with MJ plants. Slow release nitrogen of organics is favorable throughout as far as I am concerned. No more stretchy plants or airy buds or wimpy budding stems.

Total Nitrogen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0%
    0.2%. . . . Ammoniacal Nitrogen
    0.7%. . . . Water Soluble Nitrogen
    2.1%. . . . Water Insoluble Nitrogen
    Available Phosphate (P2O5) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.0%
    Soluble Potash (K2O). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.0%
    Calcium (Ca) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5.0%
    Magnesium (Mg). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.0%
    0.7%. . . . Water Soluble Magnesium
    Sulfur (S). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0%
    Derived from: Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Pasteurized
    Poultry Manure, Cocoa Meal, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal,
    Greensand, Humates, Sulfate of Potash, and Sulfate of
    Potash Magnesia.
    *Contains 2.1% Slow Release Nitrogen.

11. thanks for the input JJ and Bud, i hope yall are right, haha, those shotty leave, theyre scattered all over, some might be a lil greener but idk ive seen and finished with alot of my plant alive and healthy before and it looks like this ones gonna shit out before its done flowering.

if i were to use anything to correct def's should i flush first to be on safe side?

12. #13 Chrismittty, Nov 28, 2011
    Alot of people have said it looks pretty normal and stuff and it wasnt a big issue so im less worried, and thank you everyone for your advice and input, but then I was searching around the web and found somehting verry similar if not the exact issue covered, and somone mentioned severe sulphur def, with this pic, its basically what i was trying to show with a shitty cameraphone on the og post.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Severe sulfur deficiency, to start. Those red petioles are not good!
    It looks like you have a general micronutrient problem... either your pH is off or you are not feeding enouhg or you are locked out. But I am not seeing signs of toxic salt lockout so I am guessing pH imbalance or simple starvation.
    The spotting could be caused by Ca or K def, or (less likely) a fungus, but even a fungus is often a side effect of the plant's immune system being weakened by a lack of potassium.
    So flush, check your runoff pH, adjust if necessary, feed with a complete bloom fert.
    If I had that problem I would also add a dose of a micro supplement like GH Micro or Algoflash to the next feeding.
    Oh! Last thing- if your temps are very high that will certainly intensify the symptoms. "

Anyone have this happen to them aswell? that pic is a clearer version of exactly what my leaves, ALL OVER, not just lower leaves are starting to look like. :( gave em a good feeding and a flush before:hello: wish me luckkk

13. better pics, hope this helps ya'll help me and helps my plants to help my stash

14. Wrong PH will cause lockout, or sometimes mixing nutes in the wrong order. Get a decent PH pen, use it and don't worry to much about the yellowing. Here's a pic of my yellow leaves at week7

Attached Files:

15. nice those buds are bitchin, yeah i notice your leaves and the ph pen i have is a "checker" by hanna i think the electrode is f'ed, but im ony at week 4 thats why im tryina fix it before too late, 4 more weeks of whats going on and i wont have any.

16. I've had plants lose almost all the fan leaves due to lockout, they will still grow, might take a little longer to finish. 4 more weeks, you have plenty of time to fix any problems. You have a problem and your asking for help, thats the first step to fixing it.