Having a Party in a Motel

Discussion in 'General' started by killermunchies, Dec 11, 2009.

1. I'm 18 years old and I was thinking about the possibility of getting together a small party (like 10 people) in a local motel 6 for new years. There would likely be weed and alcohol. I know a kid who did the same thing but with like 35 people and it went fine but the idea seems risky. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Is it a viable idea or is it completely stupid? I was thinking that since it would be new years, people would be less likely to complain about noise because everyone stays up late already. So what do you guys think?

2. yeah youll be totally fine. as long as people dont get to drunk and fuck with random people in the parking lot...

/bad memories

3. I wouldn't do it, but I suppose, being your age you are feeling desperate to party it up.
    It's really not worth the risk and it's too hard to keep 18 year olds quiet. I foresee underage drinking and drug possession charges in your future.

4. aww don't be such a debby downer.

I think you'll be fine as long as you don't do anything absolutely retarded.

5. I don't care if he wants to take the risk. For me it wouldn't be worth it.

That's why I suggest not taking the risk. I know how 18 year olds can be when they drink.

Now I foresee the OP saying that either he or his friends are different and that they won't do anything stupid.

6. generalizations ftw!

7. Thanks for all the opinions. As I suspected, it could either go really good or really bad. I wouldn't ever do it with 30 people like that kid in the other thread. I've seen 30 people drunk and there's no way in hell that I would want that in a room with my name attached to it. With the 10 or so people that would potentially be there, we could probably handle it. After all, one of the people had us over to drink and vape in his basement while parents were home and all went fine, although I realize that doing that at a motel carries much more risk. Just wondering, if the motel gets complaints that a bunch of kids are partying loudly, would they go straight to the police or would they tell us to quite down or leave first? Also, if the police came, do they have the right to search the room if they get permission from the motel, assuming that they don't otherwise have probable cause?

8. they can search the room right away since its not your property, but i went to a bunch of these in high school and the cops only came once and didn't arrest anyone.

but unless the biggest asshole in the world is working the front desk they will tell you atleast once to be quite. but on new years eve, no one at a motel 6 is going to complain of noise.

9. When it comes to kids and alcohol, you bet your ass. I've lived it...there is an overwhelming percentage of people that age that can't drink/party responsibly, the small percentage that can behave responsibly will just have to come to terms with the fact that they are that age and not the age they act.
    That being said, the entire idea of getting drunk is about behaving in a manner you normally wouldn't...I still see people in their early/mid 20's who act like morons. People who are 18 are notoriously worse.

The police can come in and they can search around. There is no way any of us could tell you whether or not that specific motel will give you a warning, they might or they might not. They certainly don't have to give you any sort of warning.

10. you've lived it? we we're all teens here partner.

there are plenty of 18 year olds that can't handle their liquor and their are plenty of of middle aged adults that can't handle their liquor either.

and i'd say some of the parties in my legal time have been crazier than before I was 21 because we don't really care about the police at all anymore since no more MiC shit.

11. Go watch DBZ you dumb nerd!

Jk :) i couldn't resist to generalize

What you should do is follow this formula

:smoke: + DBZ = :confused::eek::cool::)

12. haha, yeah whatever man. :)

I just started watching DBZ for the first time and I'm totally hooked... I just smoke bowls and watch it on the internet in a daze.

13. And you don't think there are statistically more teenagers that have trouble being responsible while they're drunk? Don't kid yourself.

14. I was just wondering what usually happens and I've got my answer. I realize that there is no way for anyone to tell be what will happen. I'd like to say that the people who would be there are better than a lot of kids my age but the whole point of drinking and smoking is to have fun and get a little crazy. Also, people would only be vaping, not actually smoking. The reason I'm asking this stuff is because I've never done this before or heard of anyone doing it besides the one kid I mentioned earlier. From what I gather, it has a chance of working, which is basically what I was asking. I don't know if I'll end up doing it or not. I was just trying to make sure that I wasn't walking into a guaranteed death trap so to speak.

15. I threw a party for my sisters 17th birthday this year in a hotel. had some STRONG as fuckin jello shots made from cheap vodka, half a bottle of that cheap vodka, and a bottle of Grey Goose. It was pretty small, about 10 people. she worked with all of them except for three, and those three we (my sister, her boyfriend and I) were good friends with. this one kid brought a bottle of Skyy vodka. I decided to stay sober incase cops came or anything (room was in my name cause I was 18.)

I freaked out a bit at times. one of my sisters best friends was on the phone all night screamin at her boyfriend, inside and outside the room. she wouldn't calm down for shit, but eventually she did. there was a lil drama here and there, and some guys from another room came to ours cause they heard we were throwin a party. they were throwin a party as well but they wanted to bring theirs to our room. I told em no cause it was too many people and there was a little drama goin on, they were cool about it. we were in and outta the room all night for various reasons and we also had some music which was kinda loud, but no one ever showed up to the door to bust us.

if you're gonna be drinkin with the room in your name, don't get too wasted to where you couldn't talk to authority figures if they showed up. they might tell you to keep it down, they might tell you to end the party, or they might arrest you.

16. last time i went to a hotel party the cops showed up 15 mins after i got there, it wasent even big or anything like 8 people and we werent even being that loud

17. just make sure people dont fuck shit up or else your party is gonna be a lot more expensive