"Have you heard the joke about the

Discussion in 'General' started by CT Burnin, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Zenmaster who ordered the hotdog

He said ill have one with everything"

That was just in the movie Next with Nicholas Cage and I dont get it
    Does anyone If so please enlighten me Haha :smoking:

2. well zen is a practice of being acknowledged by everything and gorkking the world as a whole. to become part of the world, to know that you arent just a separate being from everyone else but a cooperation of energy to form what is teh earth and the universe.

so by saying ill have one with everything, he means that the hot dog IS everything by itself and so there is no need to add it to the hotdog. sort of a pun on the idea of the religious practice.

3. I don't think the guy above me is right, maybe he is but it's hard to tell from the way he phrased it. The joke is that you would say "one, with everything" when ordering a hotdog, and a zen master considers himself to be "one with everything". It's kind of a lame joke. Even lamer if you have to explain it.

4. zen masters try to be one with everything. they try to be in sinc basically.
    so he said he'll have one with everything. it's a play on words meaning he'll have a hot dog with everything on it, while poking fun at being zen which wants to be one with everything.

5. #5 CT Burnin, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
    Thank you Honestly Thank you Lol

6. yes im right. seems none of you really grasp the idea of zen. but thats fine. people mistake lots of things all the time. you have the basic idea, and you could contrive it that way, so really its the person who invented the joke to start who would have been wrong to begin with.

its not really that funny a joke really. its humorous yet not really funny.

7. Everything zen.

Ahhhhh.

:)