Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have you had CHS

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sup brotha, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Ive used this app for info but just started posting and i've notice most people believe weed is sent from god himself and it can do no wrong. I guess most people don't believe cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome is even a thing but I've been smoking for 2 years and when I started smoking more blunts I get abdominal pain and Nausea in the mornings kinda blows. And most people who smoke as heavy as I do I've asked if they get stomach pain in the morning and can't eat everyone said yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ditch the blunts.
    Tobacco is by nature stomach turning.
    Cannabis by nature is stomach settling.
    Stop mixing parts A and B

Not one in 100,000 people actually get hypermess It's far more hype then reality.
    50 plus years of using the weed and it's a big load of crap as far as I'm concerned.
    My fathers use goes back into the 1910s so I've got a lot better grasp on it then most.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I smoke bowls mostly but not the point If weed is stomach settling it stands to reason that maybe since I smoke everyday for 2 years straight maybe since weed settles my stomach when I'm awake and smoking when I go to bed and wake up without the cannabinoids I get abdominal pain because a lot of people I know get stomach pain in the morning and they all smoke weed a heavy amount. Just an idea

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Very possible. We do tend to become accustomed to drugs and they become part of our routine and we're out of sorts when we are not medicated to where we function best.
    Something else to keep in mind as your stomach empties overnight the acid level raises and kicks a little acid reflux action on all of us to some point. Most just are not aware or it's to minor to notice.
    BNW

5. Cut back and go lightly. Less is better with cannabis and micro dosing will keep your tolerance low and allow you to really enjoy the full spectrum of cannabis and it's wonderful benefits. Eliminate poisonous tobacco from your cannabis consumption first and foremost.

6. Well weed might be a god sent, but the idea that you cannot have too much cannabis has now been proved wrong. Yes, CHS is a little eye opening, that there are downsides.

Weed is one of the best drugs, but still, obviously abusing it can eventually bite you in the ass. The ability to not be hungover or feel the negative effects from over consumption just ended up being a double sword. Since you can consume more you do.

Really want a toke now, but I need to have a long break. I'll pretty much never be able to smoke or consume like I used to.

7. 30 years ago when I was a teen I smoked every day, all day for years. Got burnt out and was anxiety ridden each time I smoked eventually at the end so I quit cold turkey for over 30 years. Now cannabis is a cure for all my conditions/ailment's and is the ultimate wellness substance for me. BUT I have a new found respect for this flower and what it is capable of. One thing I found to get maximum benefit's one best not abuse/overuse it (unless medically/therapeutically required of course) and cannabis will reward you. However yes it can come back to bite you and make some issues rear there ugly heads and make them worse if you overuse. This all starts from youth I feel when you get together with your buds and think you have to smoke 12 bong hits every time you toke to get lifted. You are already off on the bad foot and in no time will have huge tolerance issues among other things so the odds that usage will get better over time are not good and you will start to see the negative's of cannabis use. That's why less is better with cannabis once you figure it out you will live a long and prosperous life alongside it!

8. I currently have CHS, it's a real thing. After being someone who originally thought CHS was just some made up thing it took significant research to get me to even fathom the idea that the weed was the problem. I am 21, have only been smoking since I was 18. Started off slow but by a year and a half in I became a very heavy user daily. My vomiting began on and off in November and by February I was waking up vomiting daily. I found much relief from doctor prescribed zofran. I wasn't until May that I decided to try a tolerance break. To those who don't believe CHS is real, I cannot deny that the only change in my lifestyle was that I stopped smoking weed, and within 2 weeks I stopped vomiting. I since then have tried smoking on weekends only, it took just two weekends before I woke up ill on Monday morning. So back on a longer tolerance break hoping to give moderation another try given enough time. The only part of CHS I personally have not noticed is the hot shower thing, it seems to be a learned behavior among patients so perhaps I just did not learn it.
    --Here is my hypothesis behind what CHS is actually doing to your body. CB-2 receptors line your gastrointestinal tract. When activated this receptor is primarily responsible for decreasing nausea and inflammation. CB-2 receptors react with cannabanoids, this included your body's naturally produced endocannabanoids as well as from outside sources, i.e. smoking weed (or any other kind of marijuana intake). It is likely that those with CHS have overloaded their CB-2 receptors. Your body has been shown to change it's natural production rates with excessive stimulation from almost anything, from caffeine to cocaine. It is not unlikely that as heavy cannabis users over time our bodies begin to produce less endocannabanoids, since it is receiving so many cannabanoids from an external source those natural endocannabanoids have no cb-2 receptors left to react with. This makes sense as to why most people's vomiting occurs in the morning, after you have been sleeping all night, your body does not produce enough endocannabanoids (anymore) to keep you feeling normal and you don't take in external cannabanoids while you are sleeping. This also aligns with why smoking helps with the nausea for those with CHS. Again this is just my personal hypothesis, I am not a doctor but this seems like the most logical explanation of CHS compared to others I have heard. I will admit this hypothesis does not acknowledge the reason that hot showers benefit those with CHS, something I am still at a loss for.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was nauseas every day for 10 years. I am a 5 foot 7 female who has never weighed more than 100 lbs. 26 years pop old now, been smoking for about 8, 9 years. Pot was the only thing that helped my nausea. I liked it most because it helped me eat and sleep. I only smoked at night, and maybe just one bowl a day for most of the time. Eventually, the nausea became worse. I started to smoke more at night because it was the only thing that helped me eat. I had endoscopies, and a gastric emptying test. My gastric emptying was delayed, that's called gastroparesis. I was sure that was the reason for my problems.. I started to then vomit every day at work, and one night after eating nothing but healthy food I was sick for over 4 hours, with the cyclic vomiting and what is now called scromiting. It was terribly painful. My doctor told me after that episode that they would no longer do medical tests until I could test clean for pot. I thought it was so dumb. I quit pot about 2 months ago and have not been nauseas one day since the 5 day hump of quitting. I had terrible night sweats, insomnia and nausea for those 5 days. Guess what, after that, I have never been nauseas or thrown up again. My gastroparesis is gone, and I have never been more hungry, healthy, or happy. I love Mary, but she is not for me. I've read pot can slow gastric emptying and that is definitely true for me. I still can't believe how sick it made me for 10 years. It is definitely real and SO worth quitting to find out. I just drink wine now, and I could never drink before because I would always throw it up. I felt it was important to share my story because it was so hard for me to believe the doctors, but I know another girl who just went through the same thing, and multiple nurses who have seen this . I cant believe it but it is a real thing ! I also know for at least 2 years I was smoking home grown weed that had no pesticides EVER. I dont know what the cause is but, I know I no longer have a desire to smoke because for the first time I am eating 3 meals a day. I also have tons more energy.

10. You don't have tons more energy. You're not more focused. Your life is not better. Honestly this disease just sucks. But I think moderation can control it, and if you have a good strategy for when symptoms should kick up I think you can be just fine. I ended up taking years off on and off, and I can say definitively that the years off f****** sucked ass. If you don't believe me just resume smoking, one hit and you'll be like oh s*** this is way better. I did a post on some of the stuff that's working for me CHS, Cannabanoid Hyperemesis Syndrome, What's the science behind it?