Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

have you forgotten?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by namron_420s, Mar 28, 2003.

1. I hear people saying we don't need this war
    I say there's some things worth fighting for
    What about our freedom and this piece of ground
    We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down
    They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
    Before you start your preaching let me ask you this my friend
    Have you forgotten how it felt that day?
    To see your homeland under fire
    And her people blown away
    Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
    We had neighbors still inside going thru a living hell
    And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout bin Laden
    Have you forgotten?
    They took all the footage off my T.V.
    Said it's too disturbing for you and me
    It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
    If it was up to me I'd show it everyday
    Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgotten?
    I've been there with the soldiers
    Who've gone away to war
    And you can bet that they remember
    Just what they're fighting for
    Have you forgotten?
    Have you forgotten all the people killed?
    Some went down like heros in that Pennsylvania field
    Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
    All the loved ones that we lost and those left to carry on
    Don't you tell me not to worry about bin Laden
    Have you forgotten?
    Have you forgotten?
    Have you forgotten?

2. Thats beautiful man, beautiful:)

3. Thanks for that, Namron. We do need to remember!

4. beautiful, and oh so true.

did you write that?

5. no comment.

6. That was great, Norm!!! It really was! I know I haven't forgotten...about that or anything else that we've endured.

7. here we go again...

first off lemme say something I said in another thread this morning; 9/11 has nothing to do with Iraq or saddam hussein. Trying to tie the two together only dishonors the memories of those who lost their lives that day. This kind of self righteous deviciveness sickens me :( Saddam may support terrorism with his words but that's simply a ploy to gain support from his own people and the countries around him.

Bin Laden is not from Iraq.
    Iraq did not give him money, weapons, or any sort of support other than a thumbs up after Sept. 11th
    The men who crashed those planes were not from Iraq.
    Iraq hasn't done anything to any countries, not even it's neighbors, since the gulf war.
    War means death, no matter what it's supposedly for it leads to death and destruction, because of this war more Iraqis will die than Americans did on that day.

I haven't forgotten Namron, I'm reminded of the despicable acts of terror that happened that day every time I turn on the news and see my country doing the same thing.

A Shock and Awe Attack:

Attached Files:

8. I don't see anywhere in any of the posts in this thread that Iraq was even mentioned...*yeah, we're fighting but nothing was said specifically about it.

Why does every thread have to lead to this?????

*** Addition: We all disagree on this but allow some of us to honor those fighting and those who we love who are over there in some way or another.

Also, unless you are Saddam...you don't really know if he funded the terrorism we experienced. None of us knows for sure either way.

9. is that so RMJL?

10. see, when i said no comment, what I really should have said is what Krazi hare just posted.

11. KraziHare...it is apparent that you are against this and that fine but why argue in every thread?

Norm was just trying to do something good and I appreciate it as did some others. But some of us have friends and family who defend our rights...the same rights that you enjoy... and so many of the citizens of Iraq don't even get a glimpse of that because Saddam wants to keep them under his control. He takes away their rights as humans and not all of them are against this. Former Iraqis who live in this country are glad that this is happening. Disagree...that's your right...but why start something in every thread about it?

12. RMJL,

My best friend, a friend I've known since I was 3, is fighting right now. I'll honor and support him by sending him letters and hoping he comes home safely, what does any of what was posted have to do with supporting troops anyway?

You may think Namron was trying to do a good thing (in fact I do too, I just think he did it in the worst way possible), but I think I was trying to do a good thing, if he gets to speak his mind so do I.

And I'm arguing because I think what Namron posted is fundementally wrong, it's something I'd do whether or not it was about war. There's never a time when one shouldn't speak their mind and I believe we can all love and respect each other even if we don't agree.

We'll be rivals in theory and blades in spirit :)

edit: Besides, despite what you're saying you still argued some of my points, if you don't want to argue don't, I'm sure some of the other pro war people around here would take up the slack And if words are truly as powerful as it says in your signature then why would you want to stop arguing?

13. Thats a fucking country song. I heard that shit on the radio when i was working on my bronco at my stepdads friends house.

14. I want to stop arguing because while I do believe in my quote...it doesn't always work. That's obvious. There's enough fighting going on in this world that I don't have to participate in it here. So, from now on...I'm staying out of these threads as I had done for so long before because this issue hits way too close to home for me.

The war is something that we can agree to disagree on and I feel no need to argue about it, anymore.

15. heard ya loud and clear RMJL, I just want to add one comment regarding your last post (not to contend or contradict what you said); I am arguing about this war because it hits too close to home, two people I know have been effected by this drastically, one of them is putting his life at risk for something I believe to be unjust, how do you think that makes me feel?

16. Ok...this is it, I'm not coming back in here. The bottom line that I'm dealing with right now has nothing to do with the war or this thread...KraziHare, I respect you and although it may seem that I was trying to make you keep your thoughts to yourself, it wasn't my intention. I let my emotions take over and it's hard for me to not be emotional over this and what I firmly believe in. So, even though the two of us aren't at "war" with one another, I want to call a truce. OK?

17. I agree with KraziHare about speaking your mind too which is why I came back and posted my last post.

18. How about this? Let's keep discussing it and if we start to feel bitter or passionate we'll go over to one of the groovy grasscity luv threads that are floating around now and revel in the collective luv of a community of people that are like ourselves. In that regard it doesn't matter if we agree, if our means are drastically different our goals are very similar.

Argue or don't, I'll like you just the same either way, just uphold your beliefs when you feel it's necessary and uphold your your friendships just as passionately.

Here's a toke for the four pillars of GrassCity; peace, love, knowledge, and Mary Jane :D

19. yeah, its a country song, and i didnt write it

it just grabbed me, because alot of people HAVE forgotten it...
    there is no doubt in my mind, that if you leave the insane people alone, there will be more of this..

thats just my opinion, and im not going to change it, opinions are not right or wrong...they are a lot like pizza, somebody likes this topping somebody likes that topping....if you dont like cheese, then you dont have to eat my pizza....but that doesnt mean spit on it.

20. My words are a fine sprinkling of pepper flakes, not spit.

And I really like cheese pizza.