Have you ever wondered . . .

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by esseff, Jan 1, 2012.

1. #1 esseff, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
    . . . whether you could prove your own sanity if it was ever questioned?

Whatever you did or said from that point on would now be seen from that perspective. So if, as a result of not feeling like you were being seen properly, you tried to appear more 'sane', in whatever way that meant to you, wouldn't that simply be confirming they were right after all?

Have you ever come across Jon Ronson's - The Psychopath Test?

Extract - "Tony is a man who faked mental illness in order to avoid prison. Unfortunately for Tony, his fakery landed him in England’s high-security psychiatric hospital, Broadmoor. No matter how hard he tries, he’s unable to prove his sanity and has spent 12 years there so far. Ronson revisits Tony’s story throughout the book, unsure if Tony is really telling the truth or a true psychopath."

Thoughts?

2. Well insanity is something that is judged by another, so no matter if you tell yourself your insane or sane, it really just comes down to how others see you. I certainly know I have control of my awareness and thoughts, but some may see some of my thoughts as crazy...

Good to see you again esseff! I've been wondering where you've been... I was worried you may have gotten arrested or something..

3. Thank you for the thought. I appreciate it. :)

I'm certainly not planning on getting arrested (or something) anytime soon, but you never know! :eek:

4. #4 Good Bacteria, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
    I think the point is that a true psychopath will go to extraordinary lengths in order to achieve a certain goal or to manipulate someone. A lot further than a 'regular' person might persevere with a similar agenda. Indeed making it very hard to assess whether someone is a psychopath or not if they are trying to prove otherwise.

5. psychotic schizophrenic post lobotomy epileptic................

there is no proving that i am what most would call sane......
    mostly cus i am very far from what most would call sane....

yet....regardless of these facts....
    i feel it is the rest of the world that is fucked up....not me...

my worst psychotic episodes....only became what they were because of the interference of the world.......

irl.....i dont care who thinks what about me....at all .....
    if you dont like me with all my flaws....then fuck you...its your problem not mine;):smoke:

yet ...my sister tells me it is not unusual to find me yelling at myself when i am alone....when i didnt realize i was even talking out load....telling myself that i am "fine"

6. lol..interesting premise for a book....

Ive had to prove it at least 5 times......or they wouldve had a problem letting me out.....bwhahaha <sinister laugh>

7. when they had me locked in the crazy house.....
    it was kinda easy to get out.....

you see at first i was still out of it from them doping me up on the way in(only way they could get me there-i fight!)and from being postictal ....
    but once i had my head together.....
    it was easy....
    first thing you have to do is stop trying to convince them you are sane.....

then tell them (even tho it is a lie) how you are starting to see how they are right....and how the (crap)things they are telling you are starting to make alot of sense.....
    once you start telling them this....
    they get all proud of themselves cus they think they are "curing" your crazy ass....
    at this point all you have to do is keep repeating whatever bulshit they tell you as if it is your own ideas.....
    when they take you to group therapy.....again repeat there crap the whole time......talk like them ....pretend they know what they are talking about....

then they will let you out in no time!!!!thinking they have "helped" you and "cured" you.....when really all they did was give you some acting classes!:eek:;):smoke:

8. I doubt i could. I would never change my views to make people think i'm not crazy, if people thought my ideas were crazy.

I'm not a menace or a threat to anyone though, so there's no reason for locking me up in a loony bin.

Crazy is hardly objective anyways. Schitzo's hear voices. Multiple voices. <-- must be crazy!1!!
    Except pretty much everyone else hears voices too, just it's generally only one. but somehow that's normal.

what is crazy?

9. ....had to agree to stop talking about my ideas about pleiadians last time...

..I told em I thought I could probably 'let that go'....hahaha

10. exactly...all you have to do is play their game alittle bit...they think they are winning...you get out and go right back to being yourself;):smoke:

11. haha...those damn aliens arent worth all that defending anyway :smoke:

12. #12 dirtydingusus, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012

have i mentioned that my oldest son got out!!!:hello:

13. Indeed not...your oldest child? You had written some stuff about that awhile back...

14. your not sane nor insane

15. oldest son anyway

yup took him quite some time to get out of there....but he is on the loose again!

16. how is he doing...? And from your other thread...lol...is that a concern for you possibly hitting the road..?

17. so far so good....he seems to have his shit together well enough....
    he is smarter then his mother and stepfather who he lives with so he has them handled... i talk to him often...which is nice considering how little i got to atually talk to him when he was in there

as far as the road....shit he would probably want to come:eek:;):smoke:

18. No doubt!^^ You should talk to em about it and see how they feel maybe....although Im sure they want you to do what you need to/whats best for you

*didnt mean to derail thread esseff..lol

19. I think insanity is purely subjective. And it is really difficult to determine, because I don't think you can just lump people into "insane," and "sane," categories. There are a whole bunch of factors.

The main ones would include:

Inability to distinguish reality from fantasy.

Unawareness or total disregard for social norms.

Deep flaws in logic and reasoning.

Inability to recognize faults in ones judgement/actions/thoughts

The problem is that we all have these problems to varying degrees.

20. [quote name='"dirtydingusus"']

when they had me locked in the crazy house.....
    it was kinda easy to get out.....

you see at first i was still out of it from them doping me up on the way in(only way they could get me there-i fight!)and from being postictal ....
    but once i had my head together.....
    it was easy....
    first thing you have to do is stop trying to convince them you are sane.....

then tell them (even tho it is a lie) how you are starting to see how they are right....and how the (crap)things they are telling you are starting to make alot of sense.....
    once you start telling them this....
    they get all proud of themselves cus they think they are "curing" your crazy ass....
    at this point all you have to do is keep repeating whatever bulshit they tell you as if it is your own ideas.....
    when they take you to group therapy.....again repeat there crap the whole time......talk like them ....pretend they know what they are talking about....

then they will let you out in no time!!!!thinking they have "helped" you and "cured" you.....when really all they did was give you some acting classes!:eek:;):smoke:[/quote]

Fukin aceeee