Have You Ever Quit A Job By Not Showing Up?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cloud10_2003, Jun 15, 2014.

1. I think it was Chris Rock who said "When they pay you minimum wage it's like they're saying 'We'd pay you less if we could'."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I worked this part time job once for a good while they treated me like family loved the place it was like a little country store. I wasn't attending school at the time so I wanted to find a full time job. Found a full time job and they hired me on the spot. After a few days working there I had work at the part time job and told I couldn't make it. They were pissed. Few days later got fired from
    The full time job and got a ticket on the way home on my birthday. Karma.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. more than I will admit but not really my fault I just forget I worked there that day .....

4. I was job hunting with a buddy once just to entertain the idea and he had someone to go with. We went to a couple different places and I got a job at one. I decided i could take on 2 jobs and informed my employer that i was getting an additional job. This was a friday and they wanted to me to start the following monday because they needed someone immediatlly to fill the spot. Saturday I get a voicemail saying that the agreed upon terms had changed and that I was going to be making 4 dollars less an hour. I called to figure out what happened and I got told a tale. I said," I'll see you monday morning" They called me at about 2 pm (suppose to start at 8 am) i told them a tale about me having a family emergency and that I was so sorry. They said ok and that itd be ok if i came in tomorrow at 8am. I told them id see them then and never showed. That way we equally wasted each others time. Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I don't think there's anything wrong with no showing if the management has given you every reason to. You're sending them a message, and if they're too pig-headed to get it, then it's not my problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I disagree. That's also a childish and easy way out. The problem is you're hurting more than just management. Because guess who gets to come in when some dumbass doesn't show up to their shift? A guy on their day off. You just ruined a person's day off, and odds are, the only person willing to come in on their day off is a good employee.

MAYBE if 100% everyone were assholes, but even then, you're choosing the improper way to quit. Look, it's not that hard to say "I'm not coming in anymore." AT LEAST give some kind of notice. When I gave my 2 weeks notice at my old job, they worked me for maybe 2 or 3 more days after I put my notice in then didn't work me anymore. And when your next job comes and if you want to put them down as experience and they call the place up to see why you quit, they're gonna find out you just ditched them without a word, effectively killing your shot at a job.

Only pussies walk out without giving notice. Excuse the vulgar language, but I'm tired of people like you who think it's okay to just quit like that no notice. It's very rare that you could justify doing that. Otherwise, you're just a chicken who is too scared to call your employer to tell them you're done with them and would rather just stop showing up because it's easier than telling them you're not coming in anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  7. No showing is a stupid idea over here, because it burns your right to unemployment benefits.

I worked for 12 hours after getting my notice. Because I had to.
    Also my using up all my paid leave didn't fuck over my coworkers.

The guy who no showed last week Sunday probably had a bone to pick with management. But he fucked a lot of us over with what he did.
    I had to fill in for him, due to the added travel time I ended up being 20 minutes late for every customer that night. I had to take a lot of flak from a lot of people for something I had no part in. I got exactly €0 in tips that night.
    My coworkers at my home branch had to work crazy time to cover for the fact that they were a rider down. Making them have to deal with unhappy customers and getting less tips as a result.

"Good evening mr police officer I do apologise for the fact that your meal didn't arrive when you were on break, but it seems some guy I don't even know has no work ethic. Again I do apologise. No I understand completely that you want exact change."

Don't be a cunt, if you have a problem with management, don't take it out on your coworkers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. #88 Sublime, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    And guess who gets to come in to pick up their slack? People like me. People who care about the job, and people who are enjoying their day off. You may think you're punishing management, but you're not. You're punishing other employees. Trust me. All management has to do is make some phone calls. They're not hurting at all. They're probably glad you're gone, you probably made them 10x happier by quitting the way you did so they don't have to deal with you another minute, meanwhile an employee on their day off has to come up and pick up the hours you decided to leave on without notice. All you did was mess up innocent people's plans. And you look like a jackass to everyone

• Like Like x 1
  9. yes i did it. not proud of it.

they wanted me to work an overnight shift about two hours away from my house, then start at 7AM for another shift, leaving me about two hours to rest. that was the last straw.

• Like Like x 1
  10. that would be one of those rare justifications.

11. ..recently just got "fired" from some restuarnt that was basically a fucking sweatshop (shitty management, atmosphere) i didnt really care about after working there for a day or so..

but i got a court date coming up so after thats said& done ill get something else..

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. what for, if you don't mind my asking?

13. Possesion.

14. That's a waste of resources. Sorry to hear man. You're not gonna get locked up are ya?

15. Hopefully not. Thatd be some real bs.

16. I don't owe shit employers anything. Get off your high horse.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nobody owes anybody anything, but that means you should be a shitty person? I'm not on any high horse, it's called courtesy and common respect... If you had a relationship, do you just break communication out of nowhere when you're done? Or do you confront it? It's just avoiding a problem instead of facing it. Nothing "high horsey" about it. Just called being a decent person....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Let's hope not dude. Good luck to ya!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nope. Ive always given notice. They normaly pay you the two weeks in advance and tell you to go home anyway.

20. It's all about respect. If an employer can just let me go at anytime then I can leave at any time. It is just that simple. I have walked out on a job before because I can. Because I got it that way and so does everyone.

You think the business owner or management gives a fuck? You should hear the shit they say about you behind closed doors. You are a commodity that they use to put money in their own pocket. A tool, a thing and nothing more.

When I put in two weeks I act like I give zero fucks if the company itself is acting shitty. People in the place you're leaving can and will get butt hurt over you finding better employment. So use it to your advantage. You act in a way that pisses the right person off and they will cut you loose and still have to pay you for your last two weeks.

I have also used my final two weeks to get even and settle old scores. Like printing notes and putting them in the bottom of an employees lunch that reads "I dick rimmed your coffee cup, or I wiped my ass with you sandwich. Cool thing is, the note is enough and you don't really need to wipe your ass with the dick head managers sandwich.

I also would mix everyone's lunches together, Hide their equipment, just pull a bunch of childish pranks, as many as I could before I left or got caught. Me, i live for getting even and I'm the kind of guy who stands up against the shit heads that need standing up to. There have been times I fought the losing battle, got my ass whooped just so I could could get my own licks in.

Don't give respect if it isn't reciprocated. It's just that simple.....