Have You Ever Quit A Job By Not Showing Up?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cloud10_2003, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Im getting a new job soon and tbh i really cant take another 2 weeks of working with these cunts ....kind of just dont want to show up .anybody ever done this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 4r5t6y7, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    I kinda of did.  I lied and said my car broke down ( was a 45min drive to work ) and said I didn't have any other way to work so quit over the phone ( the main manger wasn't even there ) and i just put his number on auto-ignore afterwards.  Was a dick move but I couldn't be at that shit hole anymore.

if it's a good job to put on a resume I'd put your two weeks in... 

• Like Like x 1
  3. One job I had I walked out halfway through my shift but it was also my first day. They never called me back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yep.

Kinda stupid to do though just tell them you're seeking further opportunities, and be formal as you will!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I once worked at a civil serviced job, in a print shop.  They got a printing order on a Friday afternoon, and we had to rush to do it late in the day.  It was a layoff notice, due to budge cuts, to be sent to selected employees.  I went to work on Monday, went home for lunch ( I lived nearby), and found one in my mailbox.  I did  not return to work.  The supervisor called the cops to go to my apt., but I had gone over to my girlfriend's house.  I probably should have called them, but I was just very pissed off.  

6. Yeah i've done it with two jobs already but fuck it dude if you don't want to work there i would get out. Just make sure you have another job lined up

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yup. Did it on Friday. Haven't answered their calls either.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I wouldn't do it that makes you look so bad and if you ever want to use your last employer on a resume your best bet would be to wait out those 2 weeks. I left midway through my 4th day at McDonald's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 sleepingblade, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    When I was young and poor, yes.

The owner started bitching I was late (I was 5 minutes early). The moment she paid me, I never returned. They owe me like 40 bucks haha. That was a decade ago.

10. Don't burn bridges. Give the notice the 2 weeks will pass in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yup, for every job i quit. 

But they were usually shitty paying, just shit jobs.

My job now that I've been at for almost 2 years, I would never do that, would give 2 weeks notice and leave professionally. 

But Toys R Us, UPS, Giant, Movie Theatre,... fuck them. (When I was younger)

• Like Like x 2
  12. pretty much. If i dont like it than fuck it i will sleep it off and find a new job. On the other hand, my last job was different because i was fired due to discrimination. Since theres security cameras in the parking lot for the sears warehouse, I came back with a BB gun and shot out the cameras with a balaclava on my face. Take that assholes

13. No. Leave professionally OP. Leaves a good reference

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Did you just say fuck UPS. That's the best job to have

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. No because that would be a dickhead thing to do.

16. When I was younger, working 11pm to 7am, while going to college from 3-10pm, was rather annoying and that was my mindset yes.

I was only there for a couple weeks lol, stocking shit in the trucks. 

17. Agreed.

Two weeks isn't much. I know it seems rough right now, but in no time you'll be out of there for good, and never have to work with those people again.

It's worth the extra two weeks of pay. And definitely worth the better reference this employer could give to any future employers of yours. Blowing people off when they still need you never looks good.

Plus, the last two weeks of a job are kind of liberating anyway, if you ask me. Feel free to tell your coworkers how you really feel :D and if shit ever does get all that bad, you can always quit then. Once you no call no show, that bridge is already burnt.

18. Yes.

Minimum wage, minimum effort.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nope. I've always had the respect to put in my two weeks notice. All about not burning those bridges yo. Never know who you'll need to call for a reference or somethin.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I usually always do my 2 weeks. But my last employer I only gave a week.. Even a little less honestly. Kind of sucked to do because they were good managers. But we still seem to have a good rapport because I was a hard worker.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app