Have you ever had..

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Anschluss, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Have you ever had a long distance relationship? I am currently in one, and like most people, I wish I could tell the future of what is going to happen next. I love her, but long distance even at this point sucks and I keep going because I know she is worth it for now at least. I am transferring schools (soph. in college), and will see her/be able to visit less than i was able to this year and in the end I will rarely see her. My thoughts are, is it worth it to never really see the one you love, or to rarely then be able to have sexual encounters with them as well? Also the fact that not seeing them for two months at a time makes it feel more like a best friend relation, with benefits when you see them, rather than being in an actual relationship.

There are a lot of outside factors that go into keeping such a relationship for anybody which makes it worth it or not.

In the end, I am asking you GC male/female if you have ever had a long distance relationship- how far were they/how often you saw them, how it is going or ended, and if you think it is worth it in the end, and anything else you want to add!

Thanks for your responses :smoke:

2. long distance relationships always end badly i'm in one apparently but she cheated in january so now i just ignore her all of the time lol.

3. I've been in one for almost 7 months now. I see her every other week usually. It can be very hard but definitely worth it. The girl I'm with is amazing.

4. get out fast

5. every other week is pretty good..For me its more of the every month-2 months kinda thing.

6. Never had one but to be honest they're not natural.

My friend living in Oregon has had a long distance relationship with a girl living in NJ,
    Its been almost 2 years now and they've never even met in person.
    Its the most sad thing I've ever seen,
    Only time he ever sees her is on Skype
    and c'mon that's not a relationship..

But if its working for you guys more power to ya.

7. I was in one for 1.5 years, the long distance part was active for around 8 months. It's definitely worth it, although it didn't end up well with me, it just depends. Also def makes it HARDER to work out, but true love is worth fighting for. BTW, we were only 2 hours apart, so we saw each other around once every 3 weeks.

8. Lol people with their pretend relationships

9. #9 ghostonvacation, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
    When my girl and I elected to attend universities a few states away, we gave it a shot for few months. It was nice to have someone to go through the early stages of school with, but the chick was in a different state, we were horny, and interested in humping other people :confused_2: Long distance is tough, we are still friendly and shit though so its all gravy :smoke:

10. didnt end well with you because you no longer wanted to have one, or she decided to end things? and I am about 6ish hours from her. We live in the same town technically, so I see her during the summer and we went to H.S. together, just not really together during school..which is the majority of the year..

11. She is a junior in HS, I'm a fresh/soph in college. We too were from the same HS. And she ended it but I'm pretty glad she was. I was TOO caught up with being in love with her. I was maturing way too fast for her. And she started making up bullshit, ei, driving drunk, passing out at parties from drinking way too much ,etc.

12. ok that makes pretty good sense. Personally because summer is in about 3 weeks, im just gunna enjoy summer for what it is..but when the next year starts, I am really debating what to do I guess personally.

13. I was in a long distance relationship for a year, she lived 5 hours away (driving). We made it work, and now we live 10 minutes apart and have been dating just over 2 years.

I'm glad we made it work.

14. from experience I was in one for 6yrs..trust me the distance will get to you BOTH if u guys don't take shit to the next level then your setting yourself up for failure,after the first year or two move it along before things get to far along an the connection dies..I love this guy I was with more then anything but after the first year we were already falling apart..I'm surprised we even got this far! his feelings changed this past year though while mine only grew stronger but for what? I only got fucked over an have a broken heart,if you really love this girl like you say you do then you'll find away or pick between what your heart wants an what you want..love comes with sacrifices an if your not ready to sacrifice something eventually you will have to anyway an things won't end well so call it quits if you think its gonna end eventually anyway before you both hurt more then you have to,if not then push through it cuz thats what you do when you love someone but if you don't love her with all your heart yet an really feel it wont work then let her go,for now just think about it follow your heart your gut an what you feel cuz at the end of the day your the one thats gonna have to live with whatever decision you make