Have you ever had someone get mad at you for not wanting them to drive?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by B914, May 22, 2016.

1. #1 B914, May 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
    Have you ever had someone get mad at you for not wanting them to drive while they're high/drunk? Every time I smoke/drink xxxxx I'm normally with at least 3 people sometimes more. There's always someone that wants to leave(drive) while they're fucked up and I'll always be the one to have a problem with it and try to get them to not do that. People get genuinely angry/annoyed at me for this. Even the people that aren't trying to leave, just the others giving me hell for it. I don't understand it. Has anyone else ever had this happen, or something similar?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't fuck w driving drunk but high is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. It's OK to resist being driven by a stoned/drunk friend... We all wanna live to kush another day.

• Like Like x 2
  4. No, I had strict rules and they were aware of them.

The keys go in the bucket, the bucket goes somewhere else...You're here to stay, bitch.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 5
  5. I'm the same way As Oscar Zeta Acosta pretty much lol you staying here.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I'd say you need to find more mature/responsible people to get blasted with. Its ridiculous easy to die in a vehicle.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Had a situation like this when I was younger and first got my car and license my gf at the time always wanted to drive my car but she wouldn't go get her license & was very inexperienced at driving but she'd ask me every day and throw a fit. She's 19 and still doesn't have a license asking me for rides all the time

8. Well the way I look at it is, if they want to drive their own car high or drunk, I ultimately can't stop them. I will strongly discourage them from doing so, and will almost always invite someone to crash at my place instead of driving home, but in the end I'm not their mother.

If they wanna drive MY truck drunk, fucking forget about it. I've never done it myself, there's no way in hell I'm letting someone else do so.

9. tid bit... in some places your responsible for the person if they leave drunk and drive

10. I think everyone who has partied hard with friends has had this situation happen. Sometimes they would go into physical confrontations.

I would much rather have a friend a bit angry with me rather than in jail or worse.

These days, a single DUI charge will cost you a fortune before it is all done.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IDC who I'm with, I'm not getting into a car with a non-sober driver, regardless of how they say they feel, or how they think they handle whatever substance they are on. I wouldn't fight, though. I'd just call car service.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm not one to tell anyone what to do

13. I have a friend who I don't even like driving when he's sober. He's 24 and has been in like 10 accidents, most of them sober. He rolled his car 6 times and walked out of his CR-V with just a gash on his forehead.

He's gone through 3 Honda CR-Vs and recently just got a mazda. I usually don't mind driving with people if we only had a beer or one whiskey but I wouldn't get in the car with him if he had a Dr.Pibb...

• Like Like x 4
  14. thats narly, does he not learn from his mistakes, or could some really be that bad at driving? I bet his insurance rates are ridic.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Seconded

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. No, he doesn't learn at all, he says he learns a lesson and then next week it's the same scenario. I've literally had to swerve his wheel or scream BRAKE at least 10 times because he fails to react in time. In all honesty it's a combination of recklessness and just plain bad driving. He has terrible luck too, last year we were playing some hoops and he tried a hook shoot, the ball hit the top of the backboard and then flew 40 feet smashing his drivers side mirror off his old CR-V lol, this was 2 days after some drunk asshole ran into him in a parking lot while walking, the guy then took of his belt with a giant belt buckle and just smashed his rear windshield into pieces.

His insurance dropped him once already...

Another time we were on a little cruiser and we found ourselves in the middle of a F4 tornado. Scariest shit ever. I laugh till this day though because that was perhaps the only day I can say he was actually alert while diving. I could not explain how sudden that storm was, I'm talking clear skies, nice white clouds, sun was out and everything. Out of nowhere the sky just turned a black/green and shed fucking hell. I thought the windshield was going to crack because the rain was coming down with such a fury and the car felt like it would flip over if he exceeded 10mph. We hit a break in the storm, parked and looked at the funnel just race across a suburb, devouring everything in it's path.

17. If you provide somebody a place to get intoxicated and then they leave and get into an accident, you could be in serious legal trouble. At least where i live. The city i live in is particularly bad; most years on Christmas now they temporarily change the limit to 0 to curb it happening and it does help a lot.

19. The kid has final destination written all over himBolt

• Like Like x 1
  20. I always respect it when my friends tell me to not drive, it's really not a good idea.

Or if you're stoned, grub down a bunch of munchies to kill the buzz a little and leave everything out of the car