Have you ever had pizza like this?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighAsPhuck, Jul 29, 2013.

1. #21 *ColtClassic*, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    What I've noticed about Italian style pizza is they usually don't have the cheese covering most of the sauce and a lot of times the toppings aren't spread out very well.

If they could just fire it in a brick oven and actually spread out there cheese and toppings it would be perfect.

Nah man, too much of that shit kills the pizza.

3. Can not say i have, but i would like to try it and deep fried pizza mmm mmm!!

4. #24 The Audion, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    trad pizza is the shit. 

similarly, new york pizza is also very good, and that has to do with the mineral content of new york public water. bread/dough gets worse the farther from new york you get, it seems. around here bread is like glue. 

before the summers out I want to try putting a pizza stone on my charcoal grill and pizza. 

funny though theres this pizza place almost in pennsylvania and the pizza is GREAT. 

5. there are good pizza places everywhere...i don't know if i'd like that one though...i don't like a lot of tomato sauce on pizza, and judging from the first pic, it looks to be %85 tomato sauce.

there is a really good pizza place near me, called Marcos....so far it is the best pizza i've had

6. Unless you're eating it with a knife and fork, drinking a fine red wine to compliment the flavor of the pizza, then I actually prefer the way they do it. 

7. Ahhh, you are so right about the NYC water.  

For some reason the water in Brooklyn and other parts of NYC makes for great bagels, bialys, pizza dough, rye bread, etc.    Some ex-New Yorkers, when they come to NYC for a visit, take gallons of water back home with them to bake with.    

8. The dough/crust and the sauce are the heart and soul of a pizza.  That is where the craft is and that's what makes or breaks a pizza for me.  Everything else is secondary.

9. however i admit, pizza hut thin and crispy is actually really good. as are their crispy wings. 

10. Quad cities style pizza is flameee, Where I am from I didnt know it was a thing till I was in chicago and they had a place that served it.

[​IMG]

Who would've thought shit that flame would come outta Iowa.

11. Dayum!
    That pizza look Frign GOOOD!

12. Grasscitys resident pizza addict lol

I would never eat pizza with a knife and fork....

Dafuq?

14. That pizza looks superb. :smoke:

15. Yes I have and it taste fucking great.

16. Had some pizza like that when I was in CT. It was seriously amazing. Makes me miss the north, we don't have any places like that here in FL. 

17. most of the pizza in this thread looks terrible 

18. they have a place around houston that makes the real pizza. everyone says they are expensive. they do not take orders over the phone. so you have to personaly go inside and order, and then wait for your pie

i might try one of thse days
    but im picky with my pizza
    i love the cheese and greese and sauce combo, nothing else

most americans dont want to change their shit up. i dont lol

19. Anyone besides me prefer to dip their pizza in Ranch dressing?

20. I do all the time with dominos or pizza hut.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app