Have you ever been fired?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tammm, Feb 6, 2010.

1. What was your reaction? If not, yay for youuu.

2. I was angry, but not at the person firing me, she had no choice. Workplace politics can suck it.

3. Yeah that's pretty much how I'm feelin' it. My manager said "you have a bad attitude, you're fired" and walked away. didn't even look at me. soo wonderful./

4. Never been fired. I work hard when I'm being paid and friendly to others. There were times though when I was about to loose it...

5. no, but i got kicked out and taken off the schedule for the rest of the week for saying "HELL" today.

6. i walked off shift.

the server at my workplace was gone so i just went home haha. didnt tell anyone

bitch told me that i cant work there anymore, and when i did that i just quit when i did that

basically i quit accidentally

7. I dont know if I officially got fired or not but i used to work at this aquarium store and they made me do all this hella stupid shit and one day they hired like 2-3 new people who they started to train to do a bunch of stuff (they never trained me...) and they told me they didnt have any more hours for the next 6 months so i was like uhhh wtf? Basically i got fired but unoficially. I just stopped calling to see if i had hours after like 3 weeks. The best part was when id go in on a saturday and they were swamped and the boss would ask me to work and id tell him i was busy so i couldnt. Why the hell would you expect me to help you if you take me off the schedule?

8. i tutored kids afterschool. i got fired for being too friendly and talking to the kids about not non-educational stuff.

i cried like a bitch. i didnt even get a chance to say goodbye to them.

i hate that bitch so much for firing me for that reason. their hyperactive kids, of course they'll go off topic.

9. yea i showed up late once in then called in sick once in the first few weeks and they fired me right then on the phone

i was just like fine have my fuckin check ready tomorrow

10. i got fired because i started hating the job- and as a result i started showing up high as fuck all the time (not really a part of why i got fired - my boss had no idea)
    but as a result of being stoned as shit every time i came in and not caring that much about the job anymore.. i was always late.

one day i just came in and my boss told me i was fired and i reacted how i thought i could shock him the most.. which was to say "sweet dude.. so i dont have to wake up at 7 tomorrow?" lol

11. I've only been fired once...That was in december. Working in a camp and got into a fight with a bunch of meth heads, ended up beating the shit out of two of them on the work site.

When it was all said and done though, i was glad. Being around crack heads and meth heads all the time is fucking sketchy and stressful.

12. Yes i got fired, but it was over bullshit, lemme explain. I worked at this pizza shop with my buddy for a while and everything was cool for a while. Then management changed up, and some new weird guy took over. He always got on my nerves, especially because he would let the girls in the shop slack off and talk on their phones all day, while me and my buddy would get bitched at over the smallest things. So then one day he switches up the posted schedule (i know he did this because i check it beforehand) to make it look like my buddy missed a day and fired him. Over the next week or so my hours got cut back horribly, and i finally came in one day, to my manager calling me back to have a talk with him. He claimed someone in the shop said they saw me spitting on a pizza (which was bullshit, honestly) and told me to get the fuck out. So i walked out, went next door to the shake shop, bought the JUMBO shake and slammed it on the front window (the respectful thing to do, of course) and booked it away from there. I had a hunch this guy was some weird pedophile because of the way he acted with the girls in the shop (he was 25, they were around 15 or so) and a month or so later i heard that he was fired for asking one of the girls inthe shop to send naked pics or something. So long story short, it was over a pedohphile mishap.

13. Loooool, classy

14. This thread can go places..

15. Yeah one place... I didn't really care though, I quit caring about the job long before it happened.

I'd show up, work part of my shift and tell the boss... "hey man, I'm going to take a couple hour lunch break and I'll come back and finish my shift later" I'd take off and go get stoned as fuck with my girlfriend, lol. He was cool with it for the longest time, but he wanted me to show up at 5AM for one shift, after getting off at 12AM the night before. I was pissed and just never even went in the next morning...

16. Yea, twice. First time I was working on an assembly line in an aluminum foundry. The guy at the opposite end of the line didn't like me, so he purposely sabotaged my output numbers - wasn't a big deal, I hated that job and was planning on quitting later that week anyway because I had a better paying desk job lined up.

Second time I was bartending. I'd worked at that bar part-time for 7.5 years. Anyway, at about 9:30 (9.5 hours into my shift, 4.5 hours remaining) the bar was packed, we're talking standing room only.
    The owner walks in and taps me on the shoulder while I was mixing a half dozen long islands, and simply says "Max, you're fired." I thought it was a joke, so I laughed a bit and continued mixing the drinks. He pulled the bottles out of my hands, handed them off to the other bartender, and grabbed my shoulders and pushed me away from the bar.
    When he stopped manhandling me, I said "Okay, you can't legally fire me without giving me a reason." To which he stood there scratching his chin for 45 seconds before finally coming up with "You talk too much".
    My theory is he fired me because I don't have tits. In the 7.5 years that I worked there (washing dishes, cooking, serving, bartending) I was the only male member (eh, get it?) of the serving/customer service team.

Anyway, after he fired me I walked back into the bar, cut the music and invited everyone in the bar back to my place to continue the party. Then stopped at the liquor store across the street (which the same dude owned, and because I was an employee at one of his businesses I got a 20% discount [well, I wasn't an employee any more, but he hadn't had time to get the message across the street]) and picked up $400 worth of booze. Ended up having somewhere between 40 and 60 people of legal drinking age partying in my house with me until well in to the next afternoon.

I've never gone back to that bar, not even to pick up my last paycheck. I imagine relocating that many paying customers for the evening probably pissed him off though.

17. Can't get fired from being "the Dude" :cool:

18. got fired for losing a card that i am supposed to swipe when i clock in. i dont believe that was the real reason though, because i was never put on the schedule even after a month because the managers were young and very irresponsible....so i just came in to work when i felt like it.

19. man, ive been fired from majority of the jobs ive held which is a lot. from my first to the last few recent ones.

mcdonalds - i dumped out all the grease from the deep fryers and bailed out of the job.
    yacht club - i got arrested and couldnt go to work and they fired me.
    eyeglass lab - i got caught cleaning out a bubbler in the ultra sonic lense cleaners
    book store - i got caught smoking weed in the back office after hours with by the owner. he was cool about it but he just couldnt have me doing it at the store. customer complaints about the smell. cool guy still. he gives me hours when ever i roll back through town.
    italian restaurant - umm. i got fired but really i just stopped going to work because it was a horrible fucking job.
    moving company - the driver of the truck got caught with meth on a military base and we all had to go to federal holding. none of us got charged but the company axed us all.

20. Legendary sir truly legendary lol :hello: