Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have the raids really stopped?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by grnwaay, Sep 23, 2009.

1. I am looking to become a medical patient in Colorado, and will definitely be growing my own medicine and possibly be providing primary caregiver status for several patients in my area. I heard that President Obama has stopped the raids on medical opps, but I can't find any concrete evidence of this. I also haven't heard of any raids... so im not sure where the coin falls on this one. :confused: Anyone have any info on this?

2. well i think a big reasons why colorado has not seen any raids yet, is cause in our law it says that the cops who confiscate the ,marijuana must also take care and not let that marijuana die, while it is in their care.

plus its all so new still, that i think it may have to grow ever more before we see a true raid.

3. So lets say I had plastic vial of hydrochloric acid attached to the base stem of all my plants, that could be opened quickly in the event of a raid thus killing my plants a few hours after they were jacked... then they couldn't be used as evidence? just high thoughts

anyway I was pretty sure obamas drug czar said no raids, but im not sure

4. There have been no more "smash and grab" DEA raids since the first part of the year - so far so good. The raids that have been conducted since then have all been for other illegal activities - not just because the shops were open.

5. well firstly i would never risk having acid that close to your plants.

and two YES it could still be used as evidence, its still a bud plant, dead or not.

just cause the cops must take care of it under our law does not mean it is not still evidence.

if you had to go to court though, and the cops had not maintained your plants adequately, then you could sue for them not following the law. and for the meds you lost.

i dont think a case like that has come up yet, but if it did i wonder how the police would go about returning the marijuana they inevitably made you lose, would they take it from there other evidence? lol

6. I wouldn't try that either.. Could probably get you for destruction of evidence too if they wanted then, and that would be just another felony on top of your cultivation felony ha

7. Just operate under your local ordinances and there is no reason for them to raid you.

8. in colorado's law it states absolutely nothing about dispensaries, if i recall right (may need to read it again)

but in california doesnt it outline that dispensaries must be for nonprofit?

if that is the case, then imassuming all our shops here in co can operate for profit...

rob corry(great lawyer in the co mmj scene) and a few others have basically built colorados mmj scene from the ground up, and i know him for a fact has come out and said that marijuana is a realtively easy crop to grow, but it does take time, and people who supply should be compensated for their efforts.

rob corry, warron edson, and one or two others whose names are escaping me are pretty much the best lawyers to have around here. im assuming that most dispenaries use these guys. if that is the case then are all our shops in co for profit?

9. haha I would love to be handed a couple of pounds by the police...make my day

This is all pretty much what ive been assuming... that they wont mess with you if you are following the state and local laws and basically not being a big dealer

10. well yes, as of now it seems like they will just leave ya alone :) fucking sweet!

and you can even be a "big dealer" i mean dispensaries are big dealers lol. i know of one caregiver who grows 99 plants somewhere in denver. he serves quite a few patients.

to me that pretty big lol. i would be totally happy with my own 20-30 plant garden lol.

11. No they have not stopped. yes they have slowed down a bit but that could be from lack of budget who knows?