Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have one Alpha-one antitrypsin gene

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Revenent, Aug 9, 2011.

1. #1 Revenent, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this, but...
    It is where your body is missing an enzyme(alpha-one) that protects your liver and lungs from being damaged by toxins. My dad has the disease full blown and has never smoked (weed or tobacco) a day in his life and he only has 60% of his lung capacity at the age of 55. He now uses an inhaler.

I have half of the gene from him so it isn't full blown. I just feel like i'm more susceptible to lung damage from smoking and liver damage from drinking and it sucks. So fuck alcohol altogether and buy a vaporizer for bud is my best bet I suppose. Anyone else have or have heard of this disease?

2. Ask a doctor man, or check out medical journals written in the last 5 years that study the degeneration of the liver/lungs with the gene.

I'd say your best bet is using tincture, under your tongue and absorb it that way. Then second to that, is likely edibles, then vaporizing and so on. Although I'm not sure if you have to actually drink the tincture or it can be viably applied sublingually.

Good luck dude.

3. I mean why even fuck with it? Try finding ways to get high on life