Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

have my appt in a few days, a couple ?s

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dreamtheater, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hey so I have an appointment at a clinic to see if I qualify in a few days, I was diagnosed with irratable bowel syndrom a while back and also fell off a roof a couple years ago and have back pain, also have anxiety and insomnia but these are not documented. So my medical records are in Washington and this is in Cali, will they absolutley want to see me records or will I be ok without them if I say was diagnosed with ibs and also went to physical therapy for over 6 months for my back? But the big question I have is if I want a family member to be my caregiver should they come with me for this first apointment?

2. You may be "OK" to get your recommendation without your medical records (depends on the clinic and the doctor), however you should understand that your medical records are important to protect you in case you run into legal problems. If you have IBS you should qualify without any problem, but do yourself a favor and make the effort to get your medical records.

I don't think it would be necessary for your family member to come with you for your appointment to get your recommendation, however there are some things you should be aware of. For your primary caregiver to be protected legally you may have to "jump through some hoops". Your best bet may be to get a state MMJ ID card for yourself and your primary caregiver. If your primary caregiver will be growing, processing, or transporting medicine for you then they could be subject to arrest and/or prosecution unless you have clearly established the caregiver relationship:

If your "primary caregiver" is arrested the burden of proof will be upon them to show that the requirement listed above has been met.

Bottom line: If you want to designate a "primary caregiver" for MMJ you should research the issue fully and make sure they are legally protected.

3. thanks for the info, I got approved for 3 months w/o records and they'll extend me another 9 once I show them