Have I Killed my Babys!?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tainted_Purity, Feb 11, 2004.

1. I have just re-potted my un-sprouted, but rooted seedlings because I wanted to put them into some less potently nutritious soil (to avoid their roots from getting burnt). The roots were about an inch long, and the plant was 3 days old, I did it fairly carefully, BUT HAVE I KILLED THEM!?!?

(p.s. sorry for caps)

2. Well no one is gonna be able to tell without descriptions and hopefully some pics....

3. I don't particularly want to dig them up again and take a pic. But like I said, the root was about 1 inch long, and there was a white stem with two leaves on the end (this was all concealed under the soil, but when I re-potted them, I made it so that these two leaves were above soil)

4. they have about the same chance of living.
    dont over/under water.
    mist them.
    low light. (as in watts not hight)

5. I know it has only been about 4 hours since I posted my first post, but the two leaves are perking up and turning green (they used to be a whitish-purple colour). But does all this super-early transplanting mean that the plants will get any long term affects, or will they suddenly die tomorrow etc.

6. they must like the new soil.
    i doubt it will have any long turm affects.
    as for dying tmw?
    i doubt it. still treat them gently for a few days.

7. Well, one of the two is fine, but when I was misting them this morning, one of them just flopped over by the pressure of the mister. Its two primary leaves have not opened like the other one has, is it dead? (not too bothered if it is, I still got 6 more seeds)

8. HIGH All, when misting...do just the soil not the plant. These little gaffers in the soil need tender loving care. Have to get it right my friend...seeds are getting low.

9. she has perked up a bit now, pretty sure she'll be fine. I have John Innings No.2 Compost (I think sidious recomended it), anyway, this compost drains out really well; so I was wandering how often i should mist it?

p.s. with a mister, its quite hard not to get the plant wet, I only have a pot with a 6" diametre

10. how often?
    depends on heat and humidity in the room u have them.
    goal is to keep it moist
    not wet
    not dry
    moist.