Have i been conned. Take a look

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by naturesforce, Jun 17, 2011.

1. :(hi grasscity,
    does anyone own one of these? basiclly i had one delivered , it is meant to be the 50mm GRASSLEAF 4 part version pollinator. the reason i ask is i'm just a touch concerned as to whether or not its genuine. does anyone know if fake grassleaf stuff is in circulation? it feels a lot lighter than i'd expected and came in a little plastic unbranded, clear, seethrough box when i would have expected there to be some official grassleaf packaging etc. if anyone can shed some light on whether or not ive been conned that would be great. it was off ebay so ill send it straight back if its fake!
    if anyones bought a real one before or seen them in their headshops or if anyones going to a headshop in the near future that sells em etc could you please let me know how this product is suppose to look/be packaged etc

ive put a pic or two to try and show you the grinder itself

i really hope im wrong about this but something doesnt ring true about this item?!:mad:
    if it is a fake it'll be the first "dud" bargain i'll have had off ebay....im always extra careful to steer away from the shit but it might just have hit the fan this time

please help:eek:

Attached Files:

2. lol I thought you mean't coned when I clicked this. coned like this: tinyurl.com/coning2

3. someones a little paranoid

4. no one is going to make a fake grinder of a cheap china product. the only known cases of fake grinders are with Space case and Sharpstone.

5. Grassleaf isn't even a popular grinder brand, I don't see why anyone would make a fake.

If someone were going to make a fake grinder it would be a Spacecase or Sharpstone or whichever is the really popular one (I always get those two mixed up :p).

They're going to be really light though, they're generally made of aluminum I believe.

If you'd like a reference point, my Diamond Grind (about a 2 inch diameter) weighs 97.7 grams. ;)

6. Yes, its kinda light, must be fake. Jesus Christ, seriously? Its a grinder, if it grinds then it does its job.

7. "someones paranoid" lol

I just thought seen as this thing is on grasscityUK shop with really good reviews, and priced at £27 on there, it would have had a touch of weight and quality about it. you can get crappy 1 or 2 quid grinders so i thought this one was obviously really good....why dont they have those good ones on here then spacecases. if id have known about them i would have got one of those.....i thought this was like one of the good ones

i got it for £16 delivered thats why when it came i was a little dubious ......pretty gutted:mad:

8. Being light doesn't say anything about the quality... Is there anything wrong with it besides just not weighing very much? :confused:

I've had my Diamond Grind for years which is probably on about the same level as Grassleaf. I use it almost every day and have never had a single problem with it. It still grinds as good as the day I bought it. :confused_2:

9. To me grinders are not like pieces, names don't mean shit to me. I bought a $45 space case and it was a piece of shit, left a ton of metal shavings in my bud and I ended up just tossin it out at the scrapyard with a bunch of other scrap. I have a 4 piece, no name grinder that I spent $10 on and it has lasted me over a year without ever having to be sharpened and I have never once seen a metal shaving.

10. Mcdonalds has a 20 chicken nugget deal for 4.99

11. #11 bostonbuds87, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
    dude this isnt lord of the rings you cant just say use silly words like quid like its normal

12. Quid = British form of currency :laughing:

13. Yes, you've been conned, that's obviously a buffalo not a grinder.

14. chicken mcnugget*

15. #15 twin2, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Good catch.

16. haha i know i just think it sounds rediculous

17. Haha alright, just making sure :)