Have a question about cutting fan leaves off..On clone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by brian_6905, Aug 29, 2009.

1. So my fan leaves look practically dead, and there is a new one sprouting which seems to be in perfect condition,was wondering if i should chop the old ones since they are just loose ends on the plant, they hadnt received enough light so they seem to be dying off, but the one sprouting is good.

Is it good if i just chop the two fan leaves since they are stressing the plant, heres a pic of the two fan leaves i plan on cutting, the third one just sprouted,

[​IMG]

2. Don't chop them OFF...chop them in half...like you were cutting someones fingers off at the middle joint. Like right where they meet the lip of that container...

3. Put it under a humidity dome it's stressed badly.

4. #4 brian_6905, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2009
    ok so this is what i did since i dont have containers and saran wrap ><
    (i just moved in to this place)
    is this good enough, also i have a fan on it, should i turn it off in order for it to humidify
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Simple for one plant, take a ziploc bag that is big enough to fit your plant from the lip of the pot to the top of the leaves and then water of spray you plant then put the bag over top. You should see condensation on the bag. Keep this on removing it up to 4 times a day until your plant stands up on it's own for 2 hours.

For my clones I keep my humidity dome on for 7 days then the plants usually stand up.

6. cool, so is what i did with the bag fine, also i sprayed it now so it can condense,
    and it would make sense to just cover it up and leave the fan off right?

7. Dude that is spot on.

8. cool
    fan off right?
    also any special nutrients they should be getting, i got a ph checker as well should i be checking my water?
    im using tap at the moment
    nothing special, the person i got the plant from put the soil and it came with a medium for the plant already
    the soil seemed fertilized,
    if this plant gets better, i will upgrade to a bigger pot, and also need advice on the type of dirt to use(from what i hear miracle gro is bad)

9. buy yourself a bag of ocean forest when you decide to upgrade, don't fertilize until the plant has had time to settle in and chill for a while. when you do fertilize, try half strength of whatever you get and see how the plant responds. Its really easy to overwater and overfertilize.

good luck

10. Instead of tap water you should use bottled, preferrably RO (reverse osmosis). Those machines at the grocery stores have this kind of water and it's cheap.

11. I use ph adjusted tap water on all my plants, clones included and it works just fine i have never had any problems using adjusted tap water ....shit man recently i havent even let my water sit out for 24 hours i just get it from the tap and adjust the ph works just fine

good luck

12. Dude most bud plants are simple to grow and require little effort. Overnutrienting plants has never been a problem for me but I do flush alot and grow organically. Many fertilizer companies now have products that require no pH adjustment at all granted you let them sit 24 hours. Soil wise, if a bag of any fox farm soil isn't around then I use organic kellogs potting soil with some extra perlite. As far as nutrients, the sky is really the limit. I'll give you a few links to some reputable products that will do well for beginners. FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company GENERAL HYDROPONICS and one company that claims to never need pH or ppm monitering is advanced nutrients but I have never used that company and I think they're just a big foney but people have good results www.advancenutrients.com