Have a big gash on my hand...advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by Americandutchyz, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I got into a little "altercation" tonight and I have a pretty significant gash across my knuckles and and its kinda painful. I've been drinking tonight and I'm basically making this thread to know what to do in the morning cuz I think I need stitches but I always value my fellow blades opinion so I decided it was thread worth ;)

please forgive me if its not thread worthy I'm stoned/drunk off my ass and I just almost got mugged for some bullshit just need somewhere for advice/thoughts you have no idea how much effort it took to type this correctly its like I have dislexyia or sum shit lol :p

2. Get a doctor to take a look at it.

3. stop drinking, it thins your blood, making it harder to form a clot(healing).
    eat something, try to soak up the alcohol you already ingested.
    get some neosporin, or any triple antibiotic cream. clean your wound with warm water and maybe a little soap, apply antibiotic cream, and bandage that shit up tight, but still allow it to breathe, do not cut off circulation. get to a doctor as soon as possible.
    i think you only have 36-48 hrs untill they cannot stitch up the wound anymore. if bleeding does not stop in the next hour go to the hospital

oh and get someone to help you who is sober.

4. Eat some bread and wrap up your hand.

5. bcharley2010 is right.

I sliced perfectly through about less than a half-inch with a meat cutter on the tip of my left thumb

wouldnt stop bleeding for 2 days, crazy crazy time.

yeah a doctor would know what to do perfectly, even though I NEVER go to them

6. Its clotting a bit still bleeding but this "altercation" happened about an hour ago just got home, I was walkin home and someone tried to rob me... and thats the thing I'm always stubborn about going to the doctor and if its clotting a bit already than I;m less inclined to go to a doc, especially in this state I jus wanna smoke a jay and pass out hahaa:smoke:

7. Post a picture, if I can see how big it is I can help you.

8. A pic would help, but make sure you clean that shit out before you pass out. you DO NOT want an infection. if it stops bleeding soon you should be fine as long as you clean it.
    and do not play with it...
    but please do what i said in my first post.

9. Can't post pics man srry my fuckin webcam isn't working anymore for a couple months and i don't have a camera :( woulda been handy in this situation...

I'm rollin a jay right now and I'm smokin it, watchin some futurama and goin to bed, but I really appreciate any advice for what to do tommorow, it'll really help so thanks GC! :D

10. #10 JesusGotBaked, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
    Yea dude saying "fuck it" and forgetting about it is NOT a good idea. You don't want to pass out, if it's obviously big you need to go to the hospital right now.

11. I'll make sure and clean the wound b4 I fall asleep, the jay is rolled but I'll wash it out while I'm not feeling much pain anyways lol :p

I'll go to the hospital tommorow thanks for the help man! GC always comes thru :D

12. How long is it? And whats the width of it? If its longer than an inch or two, and wider than inch you need to go to the hospital now.

13. #13 Americandutchyz, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
    jesus, thanks for the advice, but its clotting up, its still a big gash because I missed and hit the corner of a wall 2 times, but its all good, if it were bleeding too much i woulda been like i needa get my drunk ass self to the hospital lol, but i still want to get it checked out thx for the advice guys :smoking:

EDIT: its a bit more than 1 and half inches, its covering 2 knuckles and a little bit of the other, but I've had worse, almost punched my knuckle into my hand once, really think I need to go to the hospital now? cuz I don't fuck around if its serious..

14. I need a picture of this.

Pics or it didn't happen.

15. If it's bleeding a lot you need to go immediately. Personally I'd go to the hospital as soon as possible so they can stitch it properly or cover it with bandages properly. You're better off going to the hospital now than risking an infection.

16. wrap that shit up, get more alcohol.. doctors are for tomorrow.. ;)

17. Go to the hospital and ask for a gown so you can do this

[​IMG]

18. Lol that picture was funny. But ya cover it with something like wrap it up a bit then if its profusely bleeding...stop drinking and start drinking sweet drinks. The whole bread thing soaking the alcohol is bullshit..your stomach isn't hollow...

But when you drink you go into hypoglycemia which pretty much means not much sugar in your blood..therefore making you also dehydrated......sooooo get a cup..full half with sugar and other half with water and chug that bitch down. Gaurenteed you'll feel less drunk and clot will happen...only takes 6min tops. So after that, take shots for days, no worries..but priorities first..get your hand atleast a not fixed. And if you need to throw up....half salt..half water

19. every time I read someone itt say go to the hospital, I get annoyed cause if OP were me the hospital would be REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAALLLY far.

20. Doctors would be the smart choice, also the choice for the less impaired.