Have $700, What do I need?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mattmc804, Dec 2, 2011.

1. soil, not hydro, there for no ph meter. Not my first grow, Ive grown in and outdoors.
    Dont want leds. Want mh. Not worried bout smell, dont need to.

2. show me a spectral output and a lumens meter. so why is high times claming 400w hps yeild on a 90w and some one said 2 dark-stars for 1 400w?

3. well get a 1000w then

4. This is not a fucking debate on leds or hps.

5. Dont need 1000watts for my 4 plants

6. you said long run

7. I mean throughout the grow, for ex: I heard hps is better for flowering than veg

8. Yes HPS is better for flowering, But MH usually causes less stretching in veg. A MH/HPS ballast would be great if you planing on spending a little, And at least if you plan on expanding one day you could still use the HID light in a bigger spot.
    Unless heat or space are a big issue get an HID there very effective.
    And 400W would be just great if heat is not an issue.

9. Temps in the room (not the grow box, the room the bos is in) are 70ish

10. #30 Kronikkk, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Fuck LEDs. And honestly, don't tell someone to cop ANY LED light for over 200 dollars. That's just fucking stupid. Get a 1000w ballast and air-cooled hood, and a 1000w mh and hps. 6" inline fan with 6" ducting. 3gal, 5gal, or 7gal pots depending on your grow space. Choose your soil and get some perlites - go half and half with both in the pots. Also get a oscillating fan to blow on the plants. And u should still get a 6" carbon filter to hook up to your ducting. I know you don't care about smell, but just be courteous to neighbors.

That should pretty much cover it.

11. A 1000 watt light in that small of an area is overkill and a serious heat issue even with the fan. I have a 400 watt in a 3X4X8 room with air cooled hood and wouldn't think of going with a 1000 watt. Maybe a 600, but no way a 1000.

12. ya thats why i said long run..and if no one has led experience then dont post cause no one noes what that fuck there talking about inless youve dne a side by side...so i say no more about it. you would want a hps digital ballast because more stretch is better than thick leaves blocking light from bud sites

13. agreed.

and LOL and the "fuck LED's" guy...lol wut

14. iPower 600w 600 watt HPS MH Grow Light System Set Kit Dimmable Green House BEST | eBay

How bout this guy, Its 600watt. I'd get the 6 inch cool tube with ceramic socket and both the mh and hps, total of 224, I LOVE IT. I dont think ill have heat issues with the cooltube on there, Will I?

Also, how does the cool tube work? I put a 6 inch duct on both ends going out the box with a fan. Then still have another Exhaust and intake with another fan?

15. Yes, that's a fine setup!! The cooltube will use one fan, connected via ducting, to blow air through the tube, and out the other end. Normally, you'd drop a can filter in the tent, connect it to one end of the light, run ducting from the other end of the light to the fan, drawing air from your grow space through the filter, over the bulb and into the atmosphere.

Without a filter, you can just run a fan through the cooltube, in separate airspace from your grow area, too.

I'd just omit the filter, and use one fan to exhaust air drawn over the bulb.

16. I didnt understand that? One fan for the cool tube and one for the seperate exhaust.

17. What nutes should i use?

My current list is
    Light
    2 Fans
    Ducting
    paint
    buckets
    soil
    nutes
    weather stripping
    Hardware
    thermo

With that and the stuff I have it comes out to 420...

18. #38 Gamereaper, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011

then it was ment to be, i recommend botanicare pro growe and pro bloom as its hard to burn them with them, but then theres the organic route which is easyer if you search for a good recipe like sub cools super soil. all you have to do is add water and maybe add some liquid fert if you see a def. but its your choice on that one..

also i would get a digital ballast that could switch from 400 600 100 mh/hps that way your ballast will always be use full, i have like 6 400w 2 1000w and 1 600w.... i wish i got digital its way versatile and the efficiency is better than the electronic ballasts. and one more thing, get smart pots they cost the same and are way better