Hash with small amount of trimmings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Icatian, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Hey blades I got a small plant that I'm harvesting soon & wanna know what way of making hash is recommended if I've only got a small amount of trimmings. I was thinking of buying a bubble bag but they look a bit ineffective if you haven't got a lot of plant material. I think the plant will probably yield 1-2oz in bud idk how much trimmings that would be but on average how much hash should I expect from a single 3 foot plant? I know it won't be much but would like to try my own hash even if its just 1 joints worth that cost me the price of a bubble bag or w/e.

thanks in advance

2. [quote name='"Icatian"']Hey blades I got a small plant that I'm harvesting soon & wanna know what way of making hash is recommended if I've only got a small amount of trimmings. I was thinking of buying a bubble bag but they look a bit ineffective if you haven't got a lot of plant material. I think the plant will probably yield 1-2oz in bud idk how much trimmings that would be but on average how much hash should I expect from a single 3 foot plant? I know it won't be much but would like to try my own hash even if its just 1 joints worth that cost me the price of a bubble bag or w/e.

thanks in advance[/quote]

A decent hash yield is about 10% of trim weight used. The higher potency the hash your going for the less yield you will see.How much trim you get depends on your plant size, strain and so on.

I did alcohol hash from four plants, about 200g of trim and yielded about 18g of oil. Good shit though, I love hash.

3. Buy a single 190 bubble bag on eBay and use the dry ice method

4. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']Buy a single 190 bubble bag on eBay and use the dry ice method[/quote]

I want to try this, it looks a hell of a lot less messy than bubble bags or the ice water method if you will.

The only thing that paranoys me is that they watch purchases of dry ice around here because of the idiots using it to cook unmentionables.