Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

hash questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by benjiman21, May 22, 2016.

1. I have searched for ways of making hash for a while now and it looks like my options are: bubble hash, rosin tech and dry sift.
    Today tho I will be asking questions about bubble mainly about yield because I already have a 8 bag 1 gallon set.
    I can only buy/find bud and don't want to know about trim yields.
    Would like to hear what micron bags you guys use to get your yield.
    So when making hash in buckets with bags and hand stirring whats your average yield with bud using 1/2 oz or 1 oz?
    I have already tried making bubble using small amounts of bud.
    I tried using crappy eBay bags with 7 grams of bud but I think I didn't use enough ice and not enough stirring I yielded not enough to be collected just a little bit of powder spread right across the screens I was using a 4 bag eBay set. Also not long ago I tried using bubble bag brand ones using the same strain same amount but this time I used a mason jar instead of a bucket for mixing I shook the mason jar for roughly 10 min then poured through bags waited 10 then pulled the bags. This time I yielded a little bit more actually collected the 45 on a spoon it was the biggist yielding bag but still was the only the size of a match head. Am I yielding too low or just not using enough I'm scared to try with more dope if that's what 7 grams gets me. Any help would greatly be :RoorRip:appreciated:thankyou::gc_rocks:KFC for dinner can't wait

2. And by the way I ain't no apprentice toker been puffin for years daily all day everyday for 7/8 years now I am a apprentice hash maker tho :tacos::vaping:

3. Most people like catching their higher quality hashes on screens less than 100µ, such as 45 and 73µ.
    You should expect to yield at 25%, meaning that for every gram of flower you put in, you should expect 250mg of concentrate.

You should expect a concentrate that is ~45% THC. This would mean that every 112.5mg of that 250mg concentrate is THC, and therefore also that ever gram of flower will return 112.5mg of THC. You will also recover some other compounds (both cannabinoids and non-cannabinoids) that will add to your mass, and this accounts for the 55% other.

You should expect to recover ~75% of your cannabinoids. If one assumes the flower has a roughly 15% potency (150mg THC per gram of flower), we would expect 112.5mg THC/gram flower (=150*0.75) to be recovered.
    Without measurements for the mass of flower used and the mass of your extract, it's impossible to say.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 25% wow so for every ounce of flower you get 7 grams and for every quarter ounce about 1.8 grams iv never heard of such a yield with bubble