Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash Question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by iziris, Mar 13, 2009.

1. I have made hash before with butane and a ground up ounce with pvc pipe. I didn't think that this method was very good. I put 3 big cans of butane through the pvc, got a good bit of hash but the bud that it was extracted from was still smokable and got you high. I don't really think it was worth it, especially if I would of had to put 3+ more cans of butane.

A friend of mine gave me a bag of trimmings and said have fun. I haven't done anything with trimmings before. I've read about different extraction methods and the acetone method seems to be the easiest method. Problem I have is thinking about inhaling acetone every time I smoke. I have read you can clean the oil out with Everclear or Ethanol after and it should remove everything. I'll give you an idea of what I planned to do and I would like a little input and knowledge on the matter.
    I was thinking the best way to ground it up would be a coffee grinder, so first I'll go purchase one. Then use the acetone to let it soak, filter it out, let it evaporate, poor a little everclear in there and let evaporate again.

Another question I have that I have searched for a while and never found anything that gave me a clear answer. I've smoked hash with people that is flat and flaky. Is this something that is done with hash oil and how would I get it that way if so? The biggest pain about the last hash oil I had was figuring out how to transport it to another container and also trying to handle it wasn't the cleanest either.

Thanks

2. You are confusing hash oil with hash. Hashish = compressed trichomes. Hash Oil = An extract of THC made using a solvent.

I'd skip the acetone and do a quick ISO wash if you don't like the BHO method. Either way you won't get a ton of yield. The first pass will be very potent but there will be THC left. Each subsequent pass makes a less pure product. I do one pass or wash then discard the rest usually; I prefer smaller amounts of high quality product.

3. if you're doing a BHO run (using butane) do NOT use a PCV pipe. find yourself a steel or pyrex turkey baster. or something of the likes.

4. I use a metal basting tube. I think trikky uses something similar.

5. So there is no way to get hash with the hash oil? Reason I'm asking is because I went to a buddy of mines house the other day and he grows once a year and we smoked on some hash his friend had mad from the trimmings but it was flaky. I was confused because I thought what you just told me was valid before that then I didn't know what to think.

6. People get the two terms confused, even some seasoned tokers I know do that. 'Real' hashish is made by either sifting trichomes through a screen, heating and pressing, or using cold water and/or bubble bag strainers.

Properly made hash oil is quite a bit more potent than actual hash, and tends to get a hard, almost candy like or sticky texture to it.

7. I believe he used a bubble bag so what you are saying now makes sense.
    The hash oil I had made stayed very sticky and was a bit of a pain to deal with but I'd rather deal with the pain then not have it at all. :smoking:
    Thanks,
    I appreciate the info, I will probably just go with the QWISO,