Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash oil/ bho butter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 420nChill, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Anyone have any experience infusing oil into butter? Preferably vegan butter? I've always used coconut oil and know how simple it is but never used butter and wondering if it works just at well and as easy?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. There's a thread that covers all of this I'll tag @BrassNwood to show you were it is lol he makes magical caps you'll get all the info from him..

Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

3. Butter and all the other cooking oil work equally as well as Coconut oil but because they all need Bile and 40 minutes in your stomach they take 2 hours to take full effect.

Only Coconut oil and to some extent MCT oil bypass the stomach and head directly to the Liver for conversion of Delta-9-THC into 11-Hydroxy-THC and take effect in 45 minutes.
    Coconut also has virtually zero taste of it's own making it ideal as it lets the tastes of the strains of Hash-Kief come shining through where a heavy tasting oil like butter or Olive drown out the Kief flavors.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  4. Butter also has another drawback as it's usually 15% water and if used in Capsules the water content will melt and turn your capsules in a large melted blob of goo.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Spoken from experience I guess lol I've wasted shit loads of bud trying to master edibles and rosin but can't learn without wasting something along the way lol..

Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the tips man ... I only use coconut oil but some recipes I come across ask for butter . In most cases coconut oil can be used as a substitute bit in this case the butter is added for its flavour I guess ... Its for vegan lemon curd and if I can infuse it why the heck not

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hahaha for real . Wasted like 6 gs in rso this week trying to get in infused into syrups and liquids

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vegan = a person who does not eat or use animal products

Lemon Curd = Butter, Eggs and Lemon juice
    Butter = from Cows
    Eggs = From Chickens.

Am I missing something. ??
    LMAO

BNW

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yeh your missing allot haha you'd be amazed on how you can practically veganise anything how the world should be anyway plant based , much better for ourselves and the planet