Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Dry ice method it's stone dry as it's made so no waiting at all. Carries all the flavors and smells of the parent plant.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  2. [​IMG]
    Added Coconut oil and worked the tar off the pan and into the working dish
    A couple hours at 200 F still didn't have all the bubbles done.
    Put the Vac sealer on the charger and I'll try heat and low pressure and see if I can get the rest of the water out with out the temp degrading It.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  3. [​IMG]

Seemed stable by 2pm so I capped it up and time will tell if I got enough water out. If the caps melt I didn't. LMAO

Damned RSO stinks like love potion number 4.8 and it's not a nice smell either. Very bitter stuff compared to the most excellent tasting hash oil I make. Do NOT let the RSO caps melt in your mouth. GAKKK it'll take hours if not days to get the taste out of your mouth.
    Beggars can't be choosy and with limited supplies at the moment I'll chow these down too.
    3 of them and 4 hashies is the good blend. To much RSO has a loose stool effect so I can't use enough of them alone but as part of the total intake it'll make up some THC difference and not send me a running for it.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
  4. #264 Possuum, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    @BrassNwood Wow! Such an exciting thing to witness. I'm about rdy to fly into santa ana to sit, watch, and eat caps all doggone day or two. ShaZZam!

So, i'm going to try distilling some tincture to RSO tomorrow. In terms of psychoactive response of the rso compared to hash caps how do you rate the comparison. Not in terms of strength in number, rather, the effect itself. IOW there's no THC degradation between the two methods is there?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  5. @Possuum
    My RSO is about half as potent cap for cap as the hash ones. Both are about equally as Psychoactive used in equal doses. 2 RSO = 1 hash cap.
    At this dose they hit equally as well .
    Mostly It's because I take the cream off as Kief for the hashies so the RSO doesn't carry as much raw heads.
    Still wickedly powerful and to the uninitiated it's damn scary stuff.
    Since I process both at the same 220 F for 20 minutes I don't see any degradation as that makes me sleep every time. If I extend the heat freeze cycling to 4 times it'll degrade some to CBD and makes it much more sleeper.
    The one change between the two is I omit the freeze and second heat with RSO as it doesn't have the hash bits the freeze helps shatter.
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Thanks @BrassNwood. Man i love what you do. I'm convinced to just move to the Hashmaster 5000, but i've got to find a solution for DI. I've got a bunch of flower that i cant bring myself to think about combusting. The hash caps in some form is in my immediate future. I'm almost complete with the GD evap in a double boiler setup. I'm taking it down as far as it will go, as in 1/2 oz or less remaining. Been about 2 hrs so far.

Thanks mate.

7. @Possuum
    Airgas Dry Ice Retail Locator
    The airgas-penguin dry ice locater is a handy little thing. I show 26 places within 25 miles to buy it. See if it works for your local area.
    Dry ice locater.jpg

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Nice! The closest one to me is 43.44 miles - shucks. We're very bucolic here. I do know of a local airgas supplier so i'll check with them. That will be way too cool if they have it.

9. Do you decarb before you dry sift? If so, can you tell me the reason.
    I have a tumbler and always decarbed before running in through the tumbler as my thought is the material is that much drier. I don't use dry ice but I do put the materials in the freezer for 24hours prior and actually run the tumbler inside my chest freezer to keep everything as cold as possible

10. @pushu
    No. I don't decarb first. The sawzall is rough enough and reduces the buds to rough grind grade in the 60 seconds of power shaking and I fear it would be far smaller and bring a lot more plant dust with it but that's just a guess.

I've seen many people do the dry sift tumbler chest freezer style and it seems like it'll put out a nice grade of kief-hash as well.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  11. #271 pushu, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    so do you suggest the same for those using a dry sift tumbler? do decarb after sifting or do you feel it really doesn't make that much difference

Also, do you discard the weed after sifting? would it be worth making a tincture from what is left

12. I'd like experiment with both. That's how I worked out most of what I do. Took BadKats basic numbers and kept playing with them until I couldn't trim anything more off without affecting the end result more then I wanted.

I now run all my scraps to tincture then reduce to RSO. Gets every last bit of usable goodness from the grow. Then I toss the pressed out scraps as there is nothing left.
    2 RSO caps = 1 hash cap in general strength.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thanks Brass much better this time, used more ice. Got 20 grams out of 4 or 5 oz low grade. Happy thanks agian

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Very nice. Good looking Blond as can be.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hey brass going to give making some capsules a try. I know what lecithin is but why do you use it in the hash capsules

16. I'm good don't waste your time spent couple hours reading yours and badkat post, getting everything together give it a try

17. Sorry I didn't get back till now as my internet was down all day.
    Lecithin gives me about double the horsepower as I get without it.
    liposomal encapsulation is what we're try to accomplish with it.
    BNW

18. No problem Brass needed to read it all anyway. All I could find is the liquid lecithin do I use the same 1 tea spoon for 5grams hash

19. I mix it at about 1/6th by overall volume. The liquid is like syrup so I just eyeball it. Can't go over but to little is noticeable by the loss of power.
    BNW

20. Thank you Brass, I finally got high off edibles. Was never impressed with any I tried. Did your recipe 5 grams hash 1 tbsp oil 1 tbsp liquid lecithin, froze twice. Took 3 OO full and tney tore me up, I do not know how you function on them all day but they are nice just sitting in the chair in the evening

• Like Like x 1