Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash/keif Question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jizzledfreq, Jul 6, 2014.

1. I've been confused about this for the longest time now.

Hash = Pressed Kief?

Pressed Kief = Hash?

Or is it kind of like

Hash = Pressed Kief + Heat?

Pressed Kief = Pressed Kief - Heat?

Because whenever I see anybody making hash, they are knocking the kief off the plant and compressing it. 

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    hash is simply a collection of trichs that's been pressed

method of collecting is the only difference :bongin:

3. Ok, I'm going back many years with this so it's more than possible I'm mistaken.  (If so, experts please clarify.)

Kief is a bunch of trichomes (as mentioned.)  Pressed trichomes don't become "hash" until enough pressure and/or heat(?) is used to break down the outer walls of the trichomes and the gooey innards commingle into a homogenized mass.

That's what I thought, b/c I keep trying to tell my older brother that all hash is, is pressed kief. I have a kief press so whenever I gather enough from the lower level in my grinder I always like to make a little hash disk. :)

See that's where I get confused, because there's that whole heat issue that comes into play, because I know you can press the kief and it will stay intact w/o the heat, and I've always thought that would be considered blonde 00 grade hash (since I usually use the kief from the bottom level of the grinder which has no green in it.

But then whenever I've smoked hash with others, it's usually a dark brown or forest green color (but get's me just as high as the pressed kief would.)

5. It depends on the method used to compress it. Hash is pressure and heat applied to kief. The hand rubbed charas is one example where both heat and pressure are applied. Bubble hash is just kief + water and pressure. And using a kief press would be just applying pressure. Conventionally all three are considered as hash.

Sent from my XT1033 using Grasscity Forum mobile app