Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash from kief?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by guitardedhero, Dec 19, 2009.

1. I always have a bunch of kief and was wondering if you could make hash out of it.

2. Yes, because hash is made from kief.

3. Ummmm.... Duh?

4. I saw a guide but it was just saying buds and trimmings and alcohol. So just mix kief with alcohol and let evaporate?

5. NO. Don't do this.

6. Just smoke the keif straight up, unless you have 1g+ then it's not worth it. Just press it.

7. Why not?

8. I've got at least a gram right now. I usually just smoke straight bowls of if and love it, but wanted to try some hash this time. My mom is coming up on the 26th and I figured it'd be a cool thing to have, I also got her a single perc Pure from my headshop! I've got a space case pollen presser too, but haven't used it yet. I'm just confused with the heating part. Do I lightly pack the kief in the press and put it in the oven and then press it?

9. Yes. Yes you must do this. Post pics of the results.

10. put it in the press
    tighten as much as you can by hand
    apply heat..... body heat works, i have held mine over candles, put in a low temp oven, laid by hot rocks on a fire, etc.....
    just experiment and have fun
    I found that lower heat is best. Too high of heat is real bad. The body heat method works ok but can take awhile. Just put it in your pocket for a couple days........ Be patient.... longer press at low heat is what i have found to work best......I.e. press it and lay it by something warm and forget about it for a few days......................

11. Just press that Keif together the best you can, till its a nice hard ball. The throw it in your pipe.

12. What would be a good oven temp in farhenheit and for how long? So I should press it as hard as I can before heat? Thanks for the info.

13. #14 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
    You should have at least a few grams of keif for this one:
    1 bottle of70%+ rubbing alcohol.
    1-2 coffee filters.
    1 clean glasscup or glass jar
    1 large, shallow regtangular Pyrex dish.
    and
    1 small mesh strainer.

Clean all of your supplies and make sure you have a large flat surface to work on.
    Pour all of your keif into jar or cup.
    Put 2 coffe filters(one on top of the other) into the mesh strainer, push it downinto the strainer depression.
    Now that you have everything prepared with all of things in reach and the pyrex dish in front of you-
    Quickly pour enough alcohol on top of the keif until its completly submerged, fill maybe a 1/4-1/2 inch more alcohol.
    Never let it sit in the alcholfor more then one minute- you can also do anywhwere from 20-45 seconds as long as you dont exceed 60 seconds.
    As soon as times up you must do this fast, pour the alchol+keif mixture through the coffee filter into the pyrex dish.
    Your done. Now all you have to do is find a place with a lot of ventilation(yes this smells! perhaps place it near a window with a light breeze blowing on it via a fan) to let the alchol evaporate completly, which can take anywhere from 6 hours to a day or more depedning on your humidity and ventilation.
    Then when the dish is dry to the touch, scrape it up with the razor[careful, while trying to get as much as you possibly can] into a pile of hash and it will be sticky and wet so dont touch it, let it sit to dry for another half day or so.

Never mind, you only have a gram. Just press it good and you will have a dense cookie of keif! you cant make real hash out of straight keif unless you extract it somehow.

14. Thanks diesel, I was thinking hash had to be more than just pressing kief, but why would I need more than a gram to use that method? I've never weighed kief so I think of a gram as quite a bit. I've got a 4x7 wikka box that is completely covered by several milimeters...

15. That sounds like more in that case. Scrape it all together and see how much you have. for good keif make sure to use some more alchol to soak it in. It a very easy way to make qwiso hash.
    Im going to make some from my keif later for next week!

16. Pretty much this.

17. I'm pressing some of it now... how long should I leave it pressed? It's 100% dank kief...

18. I usually go for 3-4 days. As said before try varying the heat/time etc next time maybe.

19. I threw my kief into a cig pack cellophane, then wrapped it really tight with wet newspaper, then put in the oven.