Hash Bell Problem

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by VT_killah, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Thanks very much to everyone who responded to my last thread asking about where I could buy a bell.

I actually ended up buying a bell from a local headshop today however, stupidly enough, the bell didn't come with a swing and the headshop doesn't even carry them (I know retarted right).

So basically I'm in desperate need of just a swing/skillet. It seems online that they're pretty hard to find.

I could buy a replacement "Ti" pad online but it doesn't look like it comes with the wiring you need. Should I just buy the pad and get the wiring somewhere else? Am I fucked b/c the bell I bought didn't come with a swing? It seems that pretty much every bell online comes with one..

I'm starting to feel really stupid really fast right now...

2. I know wrapping those things is an art and you have to be very careful or its a sure way to break your piece

3. #3 VT_killah, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    Are you serious? Oh wtf.... I'm about to hit this headshop up and ask if I can make a return.

Edit: Called, of course they don't do returns, *sigh*... she told me I should go to a hard-ware store and buy metal and make my own.. fml

4. yeah you have to tightly bend the thick wire around a certain type of way it looks rough. Try and get an oil dome, its way easier to go

5. #5 VT_killah, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    I already bought the bell though... I'm honestly considering spending more dough and just buying one online with the skillet attached. It's fucking annoying though because I JUST spent $70 on the bell and an attachment to make it work on a 45 degree angle (tube)...

6. It does suck that it didn't come with a swing but until you find one you could still use it with knife hits.

7. dont call them bells thats confusing with domes. They are really called "curves"

8. This is what I was going to recommend. Heat up a knife, get the hit on your poker, and dab it under the opening.

9. I can't check out on their website for some reason. I'm using safari and I'm not blocking cookies. Every time I add it to my cart it says it's there but when I click check-out it says my cart is empty.

Could this day get worst?

10. download firefox or something it doesnt take long..:rolleyes:

11. Dude don't commit suicide it's ok! Thay come without a ti swing for a reason! Your supposed to buy a glass pad and rod too! They sold those b4 they came out with the glass swings. Ppl were complaining that the ti swings could contain contaminates or some shit. So thay came out with the one you got so u can still use glass and not metel. Don't buy Nother one just buy a glass pad an rod made for concentrates and the curve u got. Don't freak out it's gonna be ok bro just breathe :hello:

12. Check out THE WEED REPORT: episode 21 HASH OIL PARTY
    right at 7 mins he talkes about the "new" vapor curve 2.0! Watch it and relax
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcglZ_VU1c0&feature=youtube_gdata"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

13. Lol I'm not being to serious about being mad. It was just a frustrating highlight of my day. I already ordered another one with a titanium pad, fuck it. I tried to find the glass ones online for a good 40 minutes and unless I'm just bad at using the interwebs, they're pretty hard to come by.

14. Am I missing something here or is TI not really made for hash..I'm pretty sure thats why it didn't come with a TI pad.

15. Did u even watch the vid? At 7 mins in he shows u what to use. Watch! And they aren't that hard to find

16. I actually managed to exchange the bell at a headshop today for a lot of accessories. I know you can do it free-hand but that is not what I had in mind at all when I bought it. I didn't wanna use a heated knife / glow rod set-up, I wanted to use a skillet or swing or whatever you call them b/c they're much easier from what I can tell.

And to the dude who says that they're not for hash on the last page, I'm pretty sure they are :confused: What else would they be for.

17. You could make a temporary one, with a clothes hanger, and some kind a metal piece.

Or, you could just use two hot butter knives.

18. sent you a pm for the Ti pad.

my bell didnt originally come with a pad either so I dropped it on a hookah coal. works beautifully. I eventually found the pad and wired it up using a thinner gauge doubled over. it doesnt swing as smoothly, but it works as it should.

I gotta say that the coal provided a much smoother hit. the pad is much harsher but still a fun way to smoke oil.
    heres a vid of my bell with the swing. skip ahead to the second hit.
    [ame="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/kanibal6000/?action=view&current=Untitled_0002.flv"][​IMG][/ame]