Hash Bash 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by medimarijuanfaq, Feb 24, 2009.

1. OK, the weather was awesome, sun shining, no wind on Monroe street, perfect. Dudes, I was in Amsterdam last month, and this is so much like it, and right here, where I live! You could get stoned just by breathing there. I wish it happened more often then once a year...

2. I went to hash bash this year. Absolutely amazing. Friendly, and generous people. Speaking of people, there was a lot. Take a look at a few pictures I took.

Please don't mind the quality, the pics were taken off my cell's cam.

Pillow Fight
    [​IMG]

On the Diag
    [​IMG]

On Monroe Street
    [​IMG]

3. What a great time! Soooo many people this year! I looked for anyone with grasscity.com but there were so many people I couldn't find none of ya!

On Monroe St I pretty much sat on the grass above the band most of the time and just 'people watched' and smoked and smoked and smoked...I love watchin people...lol...I was crackin up watchin the guys on the roof behind the band. They were wearin bags over their heads like the 'unknown comic'....I called them the 'unknown stoners'...lol...loved it when the one came out with his bong...what a riot!

The bands were awesome and it was kinda cool just to walk around and smell all the different smells. Been watching the news every time it comes on since I got home yesterday and have yet to see a clip on the Hash Bash...kinda disappointing. It seems like the news is nothing but the 'Final Four'...so much so, Im sick of hearing about it...

Gonna browse the net and see if I can find any Hash Bash news clips there...if I do, I will come back and post the link

4. yeah i went yesterday as welll. it was so nice smelling all the different weed as he^ said.

but to narrow down, did anyone get a picture with that guy who wears pants made of patches from all over the country. hes there every year

or see the MMJ paitent whose wheel broke and he fell over? maybe we were close to eachother..

or the skateboarder who fell and hit his head, then they fucking bring the ambulance right through the god damn crowd to go get him.. but he looked fucked, unresponsive at first.

but other than those two accidents it was sweet, music and atmosphere were amazing.

5. #65 imcherokeeangel, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009

My camera would not work when I got there....I had 8 brand new batteries and every one I put in, the camera said low battery and shut off...I was so pissed...but one of my kids friends had a camera phone...he got a few pics and is gonna get copies for me.

The guy with the patches...he is so cool! He goes to the Hoedown in Detroit every year too....would ya believe, he drives an old hippie style van all painted up like they used to do the buses in the hippie days? I believe its a VW...anyway, I took a pic of him last year that I can post

I was sittin on the sidewalk near that kid who fell but didnt see the actual fall...just saw his friends tryin to hold him up...musta been a good hit...hope he's alright. Saw the ambulance come through too. And ya know...that is the only 2 cops I seen in my area all day...lotta cops on the Diag during the speeches but no on Monroe

I was straight in front of the band at the top section of the grass sitting on the edge of the sidewalk with my feet stretched out on the grass...

Did ya see the homeless guys...they were right in the middle of the grass...there was a chick dancing and one of them got up and danced with her...they were there all day...lol...getting a good free high....all ya had to do was breathe...lol...couldn't believe the amount of people and smoke! Was just AWESOME!

Also, there is a guy who runs a Hash Bash myspace site...he usually posts a LOT of pics and videos...I will go see if I can find it and come back and post the link

OH! The girl in the pic is not me....just some chick who was gettin her pic taken with him and I snapped one too....he certainly does attract a lot of attention...lol

Attached Files:

6. #66 imcherokeeangel, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009
    www.myspace.com/mihashbash

might be a couple days before he gets anything up, but he has lots of pics and video from past hash bashes as well

7. I LOVED the dancers with the bags on their heads! haha awesome

8. [​IMG] here we are with our booth and Johnny Appleweed

9. I specifically walked a couple of blocks around the Monroe street, looking at the people and enjoying the sun, the point is, there were not a single police car or cop around, in fact, even on a usual day you would see more police in this place. This is amazing, I love this town.

10. Poor Jack!! I was really looking forward to seeing him, it sucks about the shower thing. Well, at least he taught me the dangers of showering. Thank you, brother.
    Haha I loved the paper bag masks too! What a beautiful day, no complaints. Although I did miss John Sinclair! Dana Beal gave an awesome speech, OH and Matt Abel! Love those guys...
    What a great day, we were munchin on my specialty brownies and sugar cookies (with green sprinkles!) allllll day. Oh, and the mangos! Wooo:hello:
    Unfortunately, I was way too stoned to remember to take pictures, just like last year. :eek:
    After hanging out at the rally/fair for a while, we went back to my friend's mansion to have a big session with his housemates. I guess the dad of one of the non-smokers was coming for a visit to check out the house or something...? Well, I was passed the bong and was in the middle of ripping it when the kid comes to the door with his dad and says, "and this is...the...lounge," as i quickly clear the bong and sloppily try to hide it from view on the side of the couch, clearly too late, especially with all the smoke billowing from my mouth. The man just laughed and said, "you don't need to hide it, everyone does it at some point. what do you think i was doing 30 years ago?" haha :smoke: niiiice.
    Man, I love Hash Bash...now, I KNOW that I'll see EVERYONE for sure (as this is a much smaller event, SADLY, but you'll all be there I trust...right?) at LIBERATION DAY at GRAND CIRCUS PARK! Listen to Mr. Beal. World WIDE, what is it, three HUNDRED cities all over the world participating? I'll be there come hell or hiiiiigh water, hope you'll be there too!

11. Almost that time, again! :hello:

12. just came on to post bout HB and saw this thread revived.sweet

who all is coming.

i wonder if there will be a med tent like the beer tents. loll thatd be awesome.

13. I'll be there this year. Last two years I lived on Monroe Street so that was fun...but alas, I have graduated.

Any word on the bands at the fair this year...the website doesn't say anything.

14. I'll be there. Got more people coming with me this year, so I'm tryin to figure out how to fit them all in the van...lol. Probably have to have a couple others drive their own vehicles and follow.

I did see on some site (can't remember the site) that there is a hotel that is going to have a couple rooms designated for medicating.

I've been searching all over and haven't found anything naming the bands yet. Not much info out there this year it seems.

Cheech and Chong are doing a show at the theatre that night. I'm hoping they give us a surprise visit at the Hash Bash. That would be awesome!

15. omfg-- it would be awesome if Cheech and Chong came. I bet they're totally coming.

16. Monroe Street Fair finally updated their site...not much info, but the bands are listed, at least...

The Booby Scooter

Covert Operations

Root Stand

The Endaze

Glowb

Monroe Street Fair

Looking at the poster art, it looks like John Sinclair is coming again this year. I can't wait! Gettin so excited! Hope the weather holds out...