Has there been an LED grow from start to finish

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gyva, Dec 24, 2007.

1. yes yes I've read a bunch in the monster LED thread already on here, but havent came across anything that says they've started all the way from clone or seed and finished with a good crop... Has this been accomplished yet. IF this can be accomplished it'll change the future of this hobby for the better for everyone. No more power bill concern, no more knock knock, whats up with this heat signature our chopper picked up in your closet... ha ha... please please if someone has accomplished this, or knows a FOAF (friend of a friend) that has. Spill the beans here man.... :) thanks everyone.

2. Then re-read. VTEC completed one. Decent Yield.

3. The reason you have not seen one finish with at all decent yields is that leds as the technology exists right now cannot give a decent yield. If a product that actually works hits the market it will spread like wildfire throughout the growing community, suffice to say you won't need to start a thread asking about it.

My experience is with the hid hut led ufo its grow rates were on par with about 2x the wattage fluros and absolutely nowhere near a 400 or 600w. Also it is worth mentioning in discussions with the manufacturer or the procyon 100 (homegrownlights.com) they knew less than I did about growing plants let alone weed. They had no idea what i was talking about when i inquired about adding in some full spectrum (white) leds, so i doubt it works any better.

Unfortunately the saying "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" could not be more appropriate for this instance, I was stupid enough to believe the hype and threw away $1200.

Also I do not mean to contradict what the poster above me said however the manufacturers of the ufo and procyon both claim to exceed the power of a 400whps so my definition of decent is to be on par with that of a 400whps...