Has Jagex ruined their game? (runescape)

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Roj0, Dec 5, 2012.

1. I was a successful lurer/pker before the EoC. But ever since they announced it, I haven't even logged in. I tried the beta for a few hours, it was kind of fun but it just wasn't the same game to me.
    Post your opinions.

2. It was ruined when they went from runescape 1 to runescape 2.

Lol at hearing the word Jagex in 2012.

3. Changing the game from 2D to 3D was a good step. Changing the whole combat system, taking out special attacks, and making the game very simliar to WoW however, was not.

4. Adding trade limits and (I know it's now back in effect) killing the wildy was a headshot to the game for me.

Before the gfx update too the game felt so much more enjoyable.

5. Runescape died in like 2007ish when they fucked the game up. It died again when they got rid of bounty hunter craters. Now the game is pretty shitty.

6. Guys go to..

2006scape.com

Its going to be a whole runescape dedicated to the good ol days. Check it out. It is not out yet the beta comes out this month though. Its going to awesome i think

7. the original 3d runescape was pretty chill, but everything they added since then was shit

pretty sure it was farming that did it for me... what a lame ass skill

seeing the way it is now is just depressing

8. Runescape was dead the moment it was created. :D

9. Only reason I haven't tried it is because i've heard talk of bonus xp and such, which wouldn't really be the same.

10. Ruined? I don't know about that, their game at least in my opinion was on it's death bed prior to the EOC, I always referred to it as the "end of combat"; however, I can't honestly say it was for the worse. This update makes 1v1 fights in the wild much more exciting, perhaps to some annoying. I can't comment on the multi aspect, but the whole button to change multi/single seems dumb as fuck to me. The game needed an update, was this the right one? Perhaps, hopefully we see some tweaking in the near future that can reinvigorate the game, until then I see it as basically being in the same state as pre eoc.

11. Have you guys played recently? They've made many mistakes, sure... But they've also added many nice features... it's still a good balance of grind/quest gameplay and you can't find many other games like that that are as addicting as runescape.

12. Haven't played since the 10th (when they announced EoC being released on the 20th)
    I played it pretty consistently since 04, if I wanted to play a different game I would have.

13. Game has been on the decline since they removed the wild. I've heard they've brought it back, but isn't the same.

Jagex has ruined their game.

14. It pisses me off that now with the eoc, people are like level 200 with only total level of 300.

I'm 175 and I have 1800 total. Fuckers -.-

15. played the beta, combat is a bit too radically different for me. I used to play to pk, don't really see the point now with how everything is different. What is the point of even turning on multi combat? Turning on multi combat - that just sounds ridiculous in itself.

To me the game really died when they decided to keep the G.E there is a whole level of player interaction that the G.E killed. I remember the days of knowing all the prices by heart. I used to say " one does not simply; quit; runescape" but its too much crap now.

16. That's one of the selling points of p servers like soulsplit for me. I love the player-decided economy

17. Nope. It's a complete remake. There will be no bonus xp.

18. yeah, jagex thinks its a fucking fashion contest now with all the recolouring of options and all the stupid outfits and dumb shit they keep bringing out.

too many events now, i remember when i missed a seasonal event i'd be pissed cause i couldn't get the item again but now there's events not even on fucking holidays.

squeal of fortune and solomans are money grabs.

when they changed the graphic of the whip so it constantly swings like there's wind is fucking stupid. whip was my favorite weapon of all and they fucked it, then they add a shitty reclour of it and fucking extension. everything is overpowered now anyways

a huuuuuuuge one for me and my buddy is the change from 99 hitpoints to 999. just for noobs so they can look like they're hitting higher.

there's so much free xp going around, like for being a member all summer this past summer you got a total of 1 million free xp to use on any skill.

the armor updates look like shit, rune armor looks shitty now. skill animations and transport animations. fuck so much is wrong with that game now.

there newest skill dungeoneering is a mini game and they should just call it that.

they keep taking out old classic free quests and replacing them with new ones for no apparent reason. this really annoys old players. they took out prince ali rescue and romeo and juliet and replaced them with 2 other quests.

EOC is fuuucked, now the whole combat level system is fucked imo, highest cb lvl of like 300 what happened to 126??? range and magic and prayer aren't even counted towards your cb lvl either or something.

the only thing they made in the past long time that i can say i liked is the toolbelt. it just makes things a bit easier and less troublesome.

all the emotes they keep making, like i said the games not a fashion fucking show it's about killing dragons and being an adventurer.

they cut all free players out of the hiscores. what assholes.

i could go on but i think i've made my point.

19. They ruined this a long time ago. AS soon as they removed PKing, regulated trade (GE), and cracked down on bots (despite the hatred, they fueled the economy), it was over.

They've over saturated the game with poorly thought out content and didn't stop for a moment to think about the driving forces behind their game.

20. +1 for getting rid of wild ruined the game. Runescape was my shit when I was growing up. Think I played from like 2001-2007.