Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

has it come down to this...resin help

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Madmike6223, May 14, 2010.

1. been smoking for awhile, but money is tight I was thinking of smoking resin. never done it...never had to any thoughts on how to do it(take it like my beloved mj)

2. dont do it!!! its TAR and not resin. resin is what found on the marijuana plant BEFORE you smoke it. the black stuff in pipes is TAR and is very bad for your health if you smoke it

3. scrape it out and smoke it.

4. If you have a bowl you can either just hold the lighter to the empty bowl wile you inhale or scrape around the edges to get chunks of it that you can actually watch burn.

5. well,where is your resin at? In a pipe ? bong stem?

6. its not resin, its TAR!

7. God Damn we all answered it at the same time xD!!

i get a paper clip and ben it straight and Douche the piece, so to speak :p

8. #8 Smoked All Dat, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010
    Depends what you want to do. You could either smoke it via pipe or roll a resin joint. Resin joints taste a little bit better because of the paper but you need a substantial about of resin.

Step one:

First of all, you need to scrape your bowl. Take the scissors you use to cut up your weed or something sharp like that. A knife should suffice. If you can, take your pipe apart and individually scrape each part because there will be resin everywhere. Inside the bowl, in the pipe itself, in the base. If you can't take it apart, you will only get it from the bowl. Turn the bowl upside down and begin scraping. It's easy, just start slicing inside of the bowl and the resin will fall. Make sure you have something to catch it with. I use a top of a shoebox for my "weed box." The "weed box" serves many purposes. Holds all my stuff I need so I just use that. Scrape the bowl until you can see your screen, if you have one. If not, scrap until you can see the actual inside of the bowl again. If you have more parts to scrap, turn them upside down aswell and just scrape them. Not much to it.

Step two:

After step one is completed, get your papers or whatever and use the package to push all the resin into a pile, just like you would with your green. Once it's in a pile, decide where you want to put it back in the pipe to smoke or make a resin joint. A resin joint needs at least a medium-sized pile to make it worth it. I would just smoke it in the bowl but some people prefer joints. I prefer joints with my green, not my resin.

Step three:

Prepare the resin. Once you have decided if you are going to roll a joint or just smoke it in the pipe, get ready. Get some water because it will taste like shit. Water works the best or you could get some milk. Milk kills the taste in your mouth pretty quick. Resin will last a long time usually. Load your bowl and light up :smoking:

Tip: To get the most out of your weed, save your roaches for your blunts and joints. Smoke them down to the roach and save them all in a collection basically. When you are out of weed, you will look and see about 15 roaches most likely. Take them all apart or throw em in the bowl. If you take em apart it will take a long time but will most likely roll about 2 joints.

9. its TAR not resin and should never be smoked!

Attached Files:

10. To all of the people saying it's tar and shouldn't be smoked:

Hes desperate and it contains THC. It won't fuck up your lungs if you don't smoke it every day. It's only for desperate times. It will give you a high but it won't be as nice and smooth as nice fresh green.

11. Wah Wah Wah,he used the wrong word, Resin ,Residue,same shit. We all know what he meant. It's not like he believes it's THC Resin glans,it's THC Residue.

12. Although it will give you a slight buzz, it tastes like complete shit, but hey, to each their own.

13. too bad its the product of burning the weed that turns into gray ash and the black shit (resin) its not TAR because it came from the weed its basicly burned sticky black weed it has THC in it and can be smoked without fucking up your lungs it gets you high and is useful when desperate you can smoke it :bongin:

14. Ya i dont know whats with everyone saying it doesnt get you high, i smoke my resin about once a month, its perfect for before bed. can give you a little bit of a headache though. And no, its not a placebo effect, the first time i smoked it i didnt expect it to work. For me at least, it seems to be much more of a body high.

15. Tar is exactly what it is. It contains some residual cannabinoids but it's mostly the same sort of tar that you get from any other plant that is smoked.

Resin is the substance produced by the glandular trichomes that contains the THC and other goodies.

EDIT: Oh and it's nasty and not at all good for you.

16. Use a bong, preferably a waterfall. It'll get rid of some of the taste, make it less harsh, and you'll get the most out of it.

17. Don't smoke it, wait until you can buy some herb.

18. Dont listen to these guys man its not that bad. And resin gets you really high imo. Just suck the lighter flame down the bowl howl and keep it there for a few seconds. If you dont get much smoke u can try scraping.

Resin Rox!

19. The horrid taste is not worth the slight head buzz you get at all

20. Yes you really shouldn't listen to me son. I don't know what I'm talking about at all when it comes to cannabis.