Has Anyone Ever Tried...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sherwoodlikahit, Jul 21, 2003.

1. ...growing with an 'earthbox'? ---See one at http://www.earthbox.com

They're kind of expensive, at $37 including shipping, but once you see how they're made, you can make your own copies for under $10. They look like they'd be great for newbie growers, since once you get it set up, all you have to do is to add water. Looks like it was made to fit under a couple of 4-foot fluorescents, and you can grow 2, maybe three plants at once. I've got one outside growing tomatoes and it works great--just fill it up once a day. The fertilizer is already in the soil. I'd like to try it for weed, but I'm in a studio apartment, and don't have any room for it. Just wondering if anyone had ever used one before...

I grew with fluorescents for a few years before I had to move here, and I'd like to pass on a few suggestions:

When going from long hours to short hours, 13 works as soon and as well as 12, and you get another hour of growth.

Indicas do MUCH better than sativas under fluorescents. The quality is as good, but the sativas aren't as compact, and seem to take longer to finish flowering.

Since fluorescent light is so weak, I liked to 'top' my plants to keep them low and closer to the light (within an inch). But don't top within 2 weeks of the hour change--give the new growth some time to come out; otherwise, you'll delay flowering of the topped stems.

Maybe more later...

Sherwood Likahit------------