Has anyone ever gotten a job from online applications?

Discussion in 'General' started by DankBrah, Jun 4, 2012.

1. do they even check those?

2. Once you fill one out,you need to go to the place you applied for and talk to a manager.

3. I got one without having to do what's stated above...but that would help your chances. Usually large retail places are always hiring, and always firing ;)

word to the wise: make a resume and submit that if they give you the option

4. This and yes cuz many places only take online applications and they have employees so...

5. I was just flown out to Seattle and Baltimore for two separate interviews and received two other call backs, one is pending an interview in Houston....so yeah they check them, they should because it costs money to have them post them on sites like monster or indeed. I turned down the other positions, lower salary and no incentive to move half way across the country.

6. UPS

but they call everyone in for a meet and greet

7. My last job came from an online app, of course after I filled it out I called and talked to the manager and set up an interview. They do check them but you have to make yourself stand out since they get a lot of online apps...

8. you could get mccdonalds easy with online but meh.

9. Yes. I got hired at Noodles and Company after submitting an online application. Didn't have to call or go in, but in the end, I wasn't able to work there. I was hired before I was able to move to the city, so it didn't work out.

Anyway, keep on submitting them. They can be pesky if they require you to take those morality-esque surveys, but you'll likely get a call back, and if you don't, either go in, or call them.

10. I want some noodles... Fudge I'm hungry

11. i have never gotten a call back or a email back from any online application.... idk why..
    do they do backround checks?? and do they actually check your facebook account??

12. Yes employers will actually check you facebook account. I have gotten 2 jobs from online applications. Resumes are best to win the interview if you can submit one.

13. Do they check it just by searching your name, or r they actual able to view it even if its set to private?

14. Damn thats crazy, they really check your Facebook?

15. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']Damn thats crazy, they really check your Facebook?[/quote]

Yeah im preety sure they were actualy able to get on your profile, but i thinm a bill passed banning this but im not 100% sure...

16. Yep, I responded to a very vague craigslist ad and now I work @ IBM.

:confused_2:

17. [quote name='"DancingVinodini"']Yep, I responded to a very vague craigslist ad and now I work @ IBM.

:confused_2:[/quote]

Really? Did they train you? Is it a good job?

18. Yes.

They sure did train me.

It's a damn good job, $13/hr, I work for maybe 1-2 hrs
    a day, once I'm done with my work, I just ride the clock
    until I'm off. Surf the web, watch videos, etc.

I mean I do have to wait for the phone to ring to help
    customers, but I probably average 6 calls a shift, if that.

It's cool, boring really...but easy money.

When I applied for the job, I had no idea what I was applying
    for. I didn't even remember applying to be honest, it was so
    vague, that I had nothing to go off of to follow up on it and
    forgot about it. Then bam, they called, had me do an online
    assessment (I rocked it) I interviewed and here I am, wasting
    time @ work.

:p :cool: