Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Has anybody tried decarboxylation with citric acid

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Deleted member 1034867, Dec 12, 2018.

1. I've seen claims that mixing cannabis with a strong citric acid solution can decarboxylate the THC. No definitive answer that I have found, but chemist types seem to think that a stronger acid is needed. I might try this with some cheap BHO, and just wondering if anybody has tried this. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Haven't tried it, but am very interested in your results.

3. I'm interested in the answer, too. I read awhile back about folks juicing fresh cannabis with citrus and coconut and the citrus was supposed to decarb/activate the cannabis.

4. Works for a scallop ceviche. Not sure if it would be worth while with herb.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah, I would assume that it would be more popular if it worked. One problem would be finding a common solvent, and water needed to disassociate the acid--maybe an 95% ethanol/water solution. If I try it, I'll report back with my results...

6. Exactly what chemical process would you envision separating the carbon chain off THCa?

7. This sounds like the only way to get a sharpie marker off is to use the sharpie on the area and wipe it while its still wet, does the stronger acid dissolve the weaker acid? I kind of see how it could work. Im interested in the results!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

8. High times and some dude think called bogart did a experiment with fan leaves and juicing them to get high and bogart said that it needs to be juiced with organge or grapefruit for the citricacid to activate the thc then the dude from high time drank this cannaleaf and orange juice and in 45min was baked as fuck. So im guessing that yes you can do it with citric acid or at least with juicing it seemed to work.

• Agree Agree x 1