Has any undercover cop ever posted a 420 ad (selling weed) on Craigslist to go after the users???

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeVullion13254, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Ive heard of cops responding to an ad on craigslist to go after the dealers. The cop will call them, show up in plain clothes and arrest the dealer.

Ive heard of a user posting an ad on craigslist saying they want to buy marijuana, and a cop posing as a dealer accepts the offer, shows up in plain clothes pretending to sell marijuana and arrests that person. 

But have you heard of an undercover cop actually putting up a "420" ad to sell marijuana on craigslist first? Or If Im trying to buy it and I respond to one of that ads, im safe?

If I respond to an ad asking for "girl scout cookies" which is the name of a strain, then show up to try to buy it. If it is an undercover police, could I use a defense like "i didnt know it was marijuana" or "i thought i was buying girl scout cookies"? If I say just say that, will I be let off the hook with no fine or jail?

2. you must be a cop

3. #4 John Adams, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
    How many times have you posted this? I swear I have read a topic like this about buying Girl Scout Cookies off Craigs list three times now. Honestly I think your good. Just call him up. Meet him in a public place, last minute change the spot of the meet to somewhere across the street or something. If he gets mad and dosent want to change the spot hes probably a cop. If not meet him up, talk to him, let him know your sketched and everything and just go from there.

4. I believe you have to ask the cop or else it's considered solicitation and the cop can't approach you and ask if you would like to do something illegal. At least that's the way it is with prostitution. An undercover cop can't come up to you and ask you to pay her for sex, you must approach the cop for it to be illegal. The same thing probably applies with drug dealing. If a cop says "you want some coke?" and you say "yeah" then that's solicitation and you're not responsible for any wrongdoing in a court of law 

5. i'm sure some have....apparently some cops have nothing better to do, nowadays.

6. Nah that's a myth, cops can lie to you as much as they want.

7. For the second time

Inb4 arrest

8. People need to smarten up.

The internet is not for buying drugs. If you absolutely need to, use the DarkNet. Not Craigslist, you're just asking to be arrested.

I think you are thinking of entrapment, and what you are describing is also incorrect.  They can say just about anything they want, and do not have to tell you they are police.  

10. this, and this.  my buddy was arrested after meeting up with a cop who texted him in response to a craigslist ad....they lied like hell, and told him they will lie as much as they need to in order to get more criminals off the street.  soooo yeah, go ahead man do it learn a life lesson the hard way dont drop the soap

11. I dont help your kind bust my kind

12. #14 BudSmoker, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
    [quote name="Griffijuana" post="18434516" timestamp="1375248260"]I believe you have to ask the cop or else it's considered solicitation and the cop can't approach you and ask if you would like to do something illegal. At least that's the way it is with prostitution. An undercover cop can't come up to you and ask you to pay her for sex, you must approach the cop for it to be illegal. The same thing probably applies with drug dealing. If a cop says "you want some coke?" and you say "yeah" then that's solicitation and you're not responsible for any wrongdoing in a court of law[/quote]You must have missed that episode of Breaking Bad where badger gets busted by that skinny fool who was in the movie "the new guy" LOL.

13. who the hell uses craigslist for weed? i mean seriously......and op it wouldnt matter if you said you thought it was gonna be actual cookies, you still responded to the ad and showed up that right there is intent to buy if im not mistaken.

14. who the hell uses craigslist for weed? i mean seriously......and op it wouldnt matter if you said you thought it was gonna be actual cookies, you still responded to the ad and showed up that right there is intent to buy if im not mistaken.

15. Can they bust you for buying bud even if you have your prop 215 paperwork and card?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Any idea master flash?

17. idk man im in unfriendly state

18. Coo