has any one tryed water curing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dire_wolf, Sep 12, 2006.

1. i was wondering if any one has tryed the water curing process. if so would you recomend it. it dosnt make much sense to submerg nugget in water but a lot of sites claim it works.

2. Wow never heard of that, you have a private message..

3. I am inclined to steer clear of that.

4. ive tried it.
    works very well but it disfigures the bud, so if you are smoking it yourself this shouldnt matter.

5. I read up alot on this (I was bored) as it was touted as a quick cure. You can even search for water curing on here as I think some had a big debate on it. Basically, it works great for commercial dealers who have big crops of crap weed. The theory is all the chloropyll and other crap in the plant is water soluable so soaking in water leeches all the bad taste out and it does work but leaves some rather bland tasting ok weed. If you have alot of dirt weed, I would consider looking into it but if you have a high end bud, I would cure it in glass jars as the water cure removes nearly ALL flavor. I never tried it tho but it seems like it should work.

6. Diddo to lucian;)

Like said, i think this way is good for shwagg weed

7. yea, you couldn't get me to dunk my babies into cold water. Also, if my memory serves me right, you still have to dry the weed first, so I don't see where the water cure saves all that much time.

8. well thank you for the info. i surly want to keep all the taste for i have some fruity skunky stuff. yeah i thought it was too good to be true and it makes no sense to dip them in river, or drop them in the water.

9. Most people use a food dehydrator or hang it in front of a fan/heater. The trick is to dry it quickly to prevent mold from forming. And since you're no longer worried about taste or smell (since the terpines and what not are already gone) you don't need a slow drying process.

10. I have tried it on weed I bought, just for fun, it seemed to make it much cleaner tasting, cut the weight in half, and the ashes were nice and white.

11. Isn't THC water soluable? And if so doesn't that mean you will lose some THC in the process? I'm not sure if I'm correct in saying that but it's better to ask then to assume.