Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

harvesting

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by zonindallas, Jan 9, 2017.

1. i have a very mature afghan female pot plant well into flowering. i've been cutting small sections of buds on the top and looking under a pocket microscope. i see many clear trichomes in relation to cloudy or amber.
    the plant itself looks almost dead. the sugar leaves on the buds are very dry and crunchy. i've tried drying out (no curing) a bud and smoking it. i've gotten a little buzz and it doesn't last very long.
    so, i'm trying to decide whether to harvest or not. some say waiting (as opposed to cutting early) is usually best especially if you want a body high. others say waiting may be too long and your pot will not be any good.
    so, i'm looking for advise here whether to harvest or wait.
    also, if there is a tutorial on how to use this forum i would appreciate knowing how to find it. i'm not use to being on forums and i'm not familiar with some of the forum lingo. thanks

2. Sound educated, humble, and post pics.

THE TUTORIAL

3. Most strains will mature in 8-10 weeks of flower. We run a 10 week flower/veg cycle and my plants are usually ready at the 9 week mark, but try to let them go to 10 when at all possible. But it's all about the percentage of amber in the trichomes. If you don't have it, it's not time to pull the plant. I promise you, you would have to leave it in there a WHILE before you have to worry about the plant dying or it spoiling your harvest. The roots are alive regardless of what the foliage might look like and it's totally normal for the plant to look pretty ratty right before harvest since it stops sending nutrition and energy to the foliage and dedicates it to finishing out the buds over the last couple of weeks. Mine pretty much just looks like bud on a stick when it's ready to harvest. But make sure it's actually mature enough before you cut it because you can't put it back together once it's done. The longer you let it flower, the stronger it will get. The longer cure it gets under the right conditions, the better it will be too. It's really hard to tell too much about the effect of it until you've cured it out right. TWW

4. thank you and nice pup.
    thanks. i guess i jut need to keep checking the trichomes until they are cloudy or amber.