Harvesting Time

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by rphel, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Good day every one,

I am a first time grower and I think that my plant is ready for harvest but I am not sure.

I have been told in a previous post that my plant had couple of weeks to go but I doubt it.

I've looked at some web sites and they all said that you have to harvest your plant when almost all your pistils are brown and mine are almost all brown.

Here are some picture's taken today.

Would some knowledgeable person help me out please!

Thank you very much in advance.

Attached Files:

2. You got at least 3-4 weeks left if not more. You need to do some more reading on Harvesting. It is not just solely looking at the Pistils. It is a combination of looking at the Pistils and Trichome color. Also, look at the Flowering times of strains you are growing. If your plants have a 10 week flowering time and you are in week 4-6 ( which is what it looks like ) then you shouldn't even be worrying about Pistils or Trichomes. Majority of your Trichomes right now are most likely clear. Make sure to get yourself a Jewelers Loupe or Magnifying glass for identifying the Trichome color.

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/a-guide-on-when-to-harvest.666373/

When is the Best Time to Harvest Marijuana Buds? (For Highest Potency) | Grow Weed Easy

When And How To Harvest Marijuana Plants

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not sure where you read the incorrect info on pistills. Grab yourself a jewlwers louoe 60x and check trichomes. Cloudy and amber is what you're looking for. You got. Longs ways to go. Time to hit the book. Hopefully this is a window sill grow, doesnt look like you've been giving it a lot of light?

4. #4 rphel, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Thank you very much for your answers and links, I appreciate it a lot!

I give it the most sunlight that I can but it is winter where I stay and the sun shine only from 9:00 am till 3:00 pm, so the rest of the time my plant stays under a CFL lights to respect the 12/12 cycle.

The first sign of flowering was 8 weeks ago exactly ( When I realised the presence of a pistil).

I will let it grow for a couple more weeks.

What about flushing the plant? I'm thinking to start flushing in one week for a week or two.

Thank you very much!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Do you know the strain? Or is it bagseed? Not that it will be harvested exactly according to the Flowering time, but it will at least give us a ballpark. I still say you have at least 3 weeks left. People that flush will usually start 2 weeks out. If you had a a jewlers loupe or microscope you could take a picture with to show us. We would be able to look at the Trichomes color / ratio to have a better idea of how long you got. But just off exterior pics with no Trichome shots or strain name any answer would really be a guess/approximation. You best bet is to get yourself some type of Magnifier and then maybe make a post with some Trichome pictures in another week or so. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I got my seeds in a bag of outdoor weed. So no Clue about the strain.

Thank you for the flushing advices.

Unfortunately I don't have a jewelers loupe but just a simple loupe.

Below are the best pictures I could get of the Trichrome with my little loupe, I don't know if it can help.

I will try to get me a jewelers loupe.

Thank you

Attached Files:

7. #7 OrganicSamurai, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Ok no problem. From zooming into the pics you just posted it looks like you have 30% + clear Trichomes and the rest cloudy. If you have the ability/finances I would suggest getting a better magnifier ( I prefer a Jewelers Loupe ) so you can post better pics and we don't have to zoom in on the pics and distort the image. Based off of the image I saw you still have at the very least 3 weeks left. If you would like you can post another one in a week or more ( preferably with better pictures if you can ) in this thread and we can look at it again and hopefully give you a more definite answer.

This is the kind of picture that we are looking for ( not necessarily this high quality, but you get the idea)

Trichomes.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you for your advices.

I will do so and I'll try to get a better loupe in the coming days.

Thank you very much for your help OrganicSamurai! :)

• Like Like x 1