harvesting time yet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by luck78113, Aug 14, 2016.

1. 1st time grower and i want to start flushing but i dont know if my plant is ready.

any help is appreciated.

thank you 20160814_091718.jpg 20160814_091630.jpg 20160814_091533.jpg

2. From what I can see, your trichomes look a bit cloudy yet. But listen, the ONLY way to know whether your plant is ready to harvest is to buy a loupe or some other VERY strong form of magnification. You need to pull up an individual trichome and see inside it. Nobody can look at a picture of your buds and tell where you stand. Depending on the strain, usually if you put the plant in flower and give it a week to 10 days to actually start putting on buds, you can usually give it 8 weeks after seeing good bud production on the plant, and be flowered long enough to get to where it needs to be. However, depending on the strain, the grow conditions and the stress the plant has been under during it's life...along with the quality of light you're using...it could be different. You can pick up a loupe pretty cheap. I got one that isn't great but will do the job for under $20. If you plan to continue to grow, this is something you will need and go ahead and get one for yourself...kind of like a good quality pH tester. Don't buy cheap equipment related to this hobby. You'll just end up having to go back and buy another and another and another. Go ahead and make sure the quality is good before you spend your money to get the most bang for your buck. Hope this helps. TWW

3. thank u very much and yes i bought a loupe from ebay and thats how close i can get. I'll try best buy etc for a better one.

4. I'd say a week to two weeks to go ..

• Like Like x 1
  5. When you think it's ready, gice it another week, then ask yourself, is she ready to harvest.. Don't waste all your hardwork because you wanted to harvest early.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. How strong is your lope a 60x is enough to see trichs with .. You want to look for the start of amber (yellow/red ) tricks before starting flush for a good buzz weed , if you want less stony weed start flushing when you see 50 % cloudy tricks / 50 % clear trichs and if you want real pussy weed take them with all clear trichs and if you want lay on the couch knocked out sleep all day weed wait for 50 % or more amber

7. If the buds seem to be as bulky as you think they can get I'd pull her. The trichs are ready and will start to turn more amber in drying/curing