Harvesting soaking wet plants

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ToKKin, Oct 5, 2022.

1. I’ve had non stop rain since last Thursday and it’s going to rain until tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday). I had one broken branch from them being weighed down by rain water and I’m gonna go out and probably find a few more. Can I just hang them? Or should I put a fan on them for a couple hours first? I’ve read some people dunk their whole plant after harvest so I’m guessing it’s not a HUGE deal

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have no personal experience but I'm interested in the answers because I'll be washing my weed for the first time(spider mites) and will be hanging it to dry soaking wet also for the first time.

3. I would shake the excessive water off and for SURE I WOULD use A FAN, NOT JUST FOR A LITTLE BIT. If you have a Dehumidifier you could run that too. If it gets to dry, stick a Flour Tortilla in the Bag. All the years untill this year I did harvest my Crop and dried it in 3 Days and then I did the Tortillas Trick.It always worked for me. This year, I haven't seen any mold or even Rain . So, I think I will slow dry this year. I've never heard about dunken the Plant. I wonder what that is doing....

4. I'd let the wind dry the plants before the harvest, encourage a breeze way I leant in Australia, years back

if you have harvested, them wet, again hang them up to dry perhaps on a line in your garage no heat, please as temps are critical for attracting the queen bitch Pythium(mold, loves temps between 13c - 18c and lostsa damp)

13c - 18c = 54f- 68?f says my cheapo temp gauge, slow and steady for your lungs sake ..lol

good luck

5. #5 SpaghettiNosferatu, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    .​

6. #6 SpaghettiNosferatu, Oct 5, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    I use a fan and electric heater.

7. I do a bud wash on all my outdoor plants. I let them drip outdoors on my hanging line. You could hang them under a cheap canopy tent or two if necessary. I then hang indoors. I run a fan blowing under the hanging limbs and run my dehumidifier at 60% relative humidity for about 24 hours. Then the humidifier goes to 70% RH. I still run an oscillating fan below the limbs to gently move the air in the room.

• Like Like x 3
  8. This year we had a good rain a couple of weeks before I harvested so I skipped the dunk but usually I fill a new clean 33 gallon trash can with water. Trim the bud / branch then dunk a few times, shake off the excess water then just hang and dry normally. Nothing special as the water dries in a few minutes here.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Leave them outside thats what would be happening naturally. Hang the broken off limbs.

10. Why do you do that?

11. The grow is under the landing flight path of a major airport and the jet engine exhaust dust is enough to turn my window sills black in a couple of months so i know it's on the plants. The dunk and rinse gets most of that off before drying.

BNW

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I do budwashes or straight water dunks to get any bugs off. I let them drip dry on a laundry rack in my garage over night. Then shake off any excess water and hang them in the drying room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1